Old 06-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Sam Dunne

Default DPKG- Declarative Diversions - Report 2

DECLARATIVE DIVERSIONS======================
REPORT 2--------
This is the second report for declarative diversions for debian as partof Google Summer of Code.

My first report was just a design draft but I have since been advised tostructure it differently. So in this report I will talk about what I have doneto date with the project and what my plans for the immediate future are.

For the first while in this project I spent a lot of time with my mentorplanning out what we were going to do and we discussed it with everyone whois involved with dpkg to get feedback.
I quickly got a great deal of feedback and produced my first design draft.After which I got even more feedback and produced my second design draft. Thisweek is the first week I have spent coding. So far I have coded a parser which
works quite well for what we need. I spent the later part of this weekintegrating it into the existing codebase. But so far everything is lookingextremely promising.
My plans for the immediate future are to release a third design draft based on
feedback from my existing code and to finalise the main part of the work. Ibelieve this will be achieved by the next report date (1st of July) as well asa lot of basic functionality for the project.