Old 06-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Helge Kreutzmann

Default Missed option in recent man page update?

Hello,
while updateing the German man page translation, I noted the following
omission (?):

#: dpkg-buildpackage.1:39

Was:
It calls B<debian/rules> .. B<binary> (default case, or if B<-b> is specified)

Now:
It calls B<debian/rules> .. B<binary> (default case)

Shouldn't the B<-b> still be mentioned?

Greetings

Helge
--
Dr. Helge Kreutzmann debian@helgefjell.de
Dipl.-Phys. http://www.helgefjell.de/debian.php

Old 06-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Raphael Hertzog

Hi,

On Sun, 12 Jun 2011, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Was:
> It calls B<debian/rules> .. B<binary> (default case, or if B<-b> is specified)
>
> Now:
> It calls B<debian/rules> .. B<binary> (default case)
>
> Shouldn't the B<-b> still be mentioned?

Nope. By removing the reference to "-b" the default case is defined by
opposition to the other cases listed which makes it more correct since
it should cover -b, -F and the lack of any option.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)