-   -   Synchronizing local debian repository (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-dpkg/523965-synchronizing-local-debian-repository.html)

jarek 05-09-2011 07:38 AM

Synchronizing local debian repository

Hello!

I don't know it this list i suitable from my question, so if there is a
better list, let me know.

For a long time, I'm looking for solution to synchronize local debian
repository which is not connected to internet.
At the moment I'm doing this the following way:
1. With apt-mirror synchronize local repository on computer connected
to internet.
2. From apt-mirror log get list of changed packages.
3. Transfer changed packages to DVD-R.
4. Merge changed files with second repository not connect to internet.
It works, but is complicated and prone to various errors, i.e. if
apt-mirror will fail in middle of work.
Now I have idea, to create a script, which will fetch packages with
MTIME greater then last fetch (with lets say 1 day gap).
Is this a good idea ? I've compared dates from few mirrors and it looks
promising, but I didn't found any official info about this.
If there is other, known way to do this, I'll be happy to hear about
this.