Old 05-06-2011, 07:42 AM
Jonathan Nieder

Default conffiledb revisited

Hi,

Here is the result of a blind rebase of the conffiledb patches sent a
while ago, rebased against dpkg master. Untested. I'll include a few
thoughts with each message. Probably I have terribly mutilated the
patches; please feel free to let me know of any infelicities and I'll
be glad to incorporate them in an improved series.

Sean Finney (7):
Split some useful functions from help.c to (new) util.c
Conffile database handling functions
Include the conffiledb directory in the dpkg deb package
Hook conffile database into dpkg unpack/configure/remove stages
Implement 'p' option for diffing dist conffiles during conflict
resolution
Implement 'm' option for conffile merging during conflict resolution
Track common ancestors of a successful conffiledb merge

debian/dpkg.dirs | 1 +
lib/dpkg/dpkg.h | 2 +
lib/dpkg/test/Makefile.am | 3 +-
lib/dpkg/test/t-conffiledb.c | 396 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/Makefile.am | 4 +-
src/archives.c | 15 ++-
src/conffiledb.c | 429 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/conffiledb.h | 84 ++++++++
src/configure.c | 41 ++++-
src/help.c | 61 ------
src/remove.c | 5 +
src/util.c | 127 +++++++++++++
create mode 100644 debian/dpkg.dirs
create mode 100644 lib/dpkg/test/t-conffiledb.c
create mode 100644 src/conffiledb.c
create mode 100644 src/conffiledb.h
create mode 100644 src/util.c

Old 05-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Guillem Jover

Hi!

On Fri, 2011-05-06 at 02:42:17 -0500, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> Here is the result of a blind rebase of the conffiledb patches sent a
> while ago, rebased against dpkg master. Untested. I'll include a few
> thoughts with each message. Probably I have terribly mutilated the
> patches; please feel free to let me know of any infelicities and I'll
> be glad to incorporate them in an improved series.

Thanks for picking this up again! Some time ago I started a rework of
the series, but didn't finish it up. I've pushed a branch now [0] with
those changes, rebased against master, but take into account they only
build and not even cleanly, they should be considered extreme WIP, and
there's things which are still not ok with it.

[0] <http://git.hadrons.org/?p=debian/dpkg.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/pu/conffiledb-rework<

thanks,
guillem

Old 05-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Jonathan Nieder

Guillem Jover wrote:

> Thanks for picking this up again! Some time ago I started a rework of
> the series, but didn't finish it up. I've pushed a branch now [0] with
> those changes, rebased against master, but take into account they only
> build and not even cleanly, they should be considered extreme WIP, and
> there's things which are still not ok with it.

Thanks; will take a look tomorrow and hopefully I'll have some questions
to send.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:14 AM
sean finney

On Fri, May 06, 2011 at 10:24:20AM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> Thanks for picking this up again! Some time ago I started a rework of
> the series, but didn't finish it up. I've pushed a branch now [0] with
> those changes, rebased against master, but take into account they only
> build and not even cleanly, they should be considered extreme WIP, and
> there's things which are still not ok with it.
>
> [0] <http://git.hadrons.org/?p=debian/dpkg.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/pu/conffiledb-rework<

Maybe we could rebase the "rework" on top of Jonathan's rebased patches, break them
up, and discuss them on-list? It's a pretty big change...

sean