Old 04-20-2011, 11:00 PM
Cyril Brulebois

Default Insufficient check on gettext availability

Hi,

and without gettext, building breaks in dselect/po (which I could have
skipped…) and in scripts/po:
,----
| $ make -C scripts/po/
| make: Entering directory `/home/kibi/dpkg.git/scripts/po'
| test ! -f ./dpkg-dev.pot ||
| test -z "ca.gmo de.gmo es.gmo fr.gmo pl.gmo ru.gmo sv.gmo" || make ca.gmo de.gmo es.gmo fr.gmo pl.gmo ru.gmo sv.gmo
| make[1]: Entering directory `/home/kibi/dpkg.git/scripts/po'
| rm -f ca.gmo && : -c --statistics --verbose -o ca.gmo ca.po
| mv: cannot stat `t-ca.gmo': No such file or directory
| make[1]: *** [ca.gmo] Error 1
| make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kibi/dpkg.git/scripts/po'
| make: *** [stamp-po] Error 2
| make: Leaving directory `/home/kibi/dpkg.git/scripts/po'
`----

Some missing conditionals in the Makefile.in.in files?

KiBi.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:25 AM
Guillem Jover

Hi!

On Thu, 2011-04-21 at 01:00:28 +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> and without gettext, building breaks in dselect/po (which I could have
> skipped…) and in scripts/po:

> ,----
> | $ make -C scripts/po/
> | make: Entering directory `/home/kibi/dpkg.git/scripts/po'
> | test ! -f ./dpkg-dev.pot ||
> | test -z "ca.gmo de.gmo es.gmo fr.gmo pl.gmo ru.gmo sv.gmo" || make ca.gmo de.gmo es.gmo fr.gmo pl.gmo ru.gmo sv.gmo
> | make[1]: Entering directory `/home/kibi/dpkg.git/scripts/po'
> | rm -f ca.gmo && : -c --statistics --verbose -o ca.gmo ca.po
> | mv: cannot stat `t-ca.gmo': No such file or directory
> | make[1]: *** [ca.gmo] Error 1
> | make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kibi/dpkg.git/scripts/po'
> | make: *** [stamp-po] Error 2
> | make: Leaving directory `/home/kibi/dpkg.git/scripts/po'
> `----
>
> Some missing conditionals in the Makefile.in.in files?

So, while to run autoreconf, autopoint is enough, to build from git
gettext is required (as long as --disable-nls is not specified),
because the distributed tarball needs to ship the .gmo files.

This situation is now catched at configure time, and documented in the
README file.

thanks,
guillem