Old 04-20-2011, 10:44 PM
Cyril Brulebois

Default Insufficient check on flex/bison availability

Hi,

again with a minimal chroot, configure bails out on missing curses,
which is fine, but finally returns successfully; however, building
fails, quite badly since the ylwrap wrapper doesn't say anything about
what goes wrong:
| $ make
| …
| LEX trigdeferred.c
| make[4]: *** [trigdeferred.c] Error 1

| $ make V=1
| make[4]: Entering directory `/home/kibi/dpkg.git/lib/dpkg'
| /bin/bash ../../build-aux/ylwrap trigdeferred.l .c trigdeferred.c -- :
| make[4]: *** [trigdeferred.c] Error 1

I guess erroring out with some proper message might help. I guess
erroring out at configure time might not be the best option, since
(again a guess) tarballs will likely ship pregenerated files.

KiBi.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:23 AM
Guillem Jover

Hi!

On Thu, 2011-04-21 at 00:44:38 +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> again with a minimal chroot, configure bails out on missing curses,
> which is fine, but finally returns successfully; however, building
> fails, quite badly since the ylwrap wrapper doesn't say anything about
> what goes wrong:

I've since added a README file listing the requirements when building
either from git or from a distributed tarball, HTH.

The curses dependency can be lifted if you disable dselect.

> | $ make
> | …
> | LEX trigdeferred.c
> | make[4]: *** [trigdeferred.c] Error 1
>
> | $ make V=1
> | make[4]: Entering directory `/home/kibi/dpkg.git/lib/dpkg'
> | /bin/bash ../../build-aux/ylwrap trigdeferred.l .c trigdeferred.c -- :
> | make[4]: *** [trigdeferred.c] Error 1
>
> I guess erroring out with some proper message might help. I guess
> erroring out at configure time might not be the best option, since
> (again a guess) tarballs will likely ship pregenerated files.

I've fixed this by checking if we are building from a tarball, which
includes the pre-generated .c files.

thanks,
guillem