Old 04-17-2011, 05:38 AM
Guillem Jover

Default dpkg 1.15.8.11 for squeeze

Hi!

We've fixed several regressions on the 1.15.x series, and I'd like to
upload a new 1.15.8.11 release targetting squeeze. I'm attaching the
interesting git commits (omitted translations and a revert). Maybe
there will still be additional translation updates before the upload
though. Here's the changelog:

dpkg (1.15.8.11) stable; urgency=low

[ Guillem Jover ]
* Do not segfault on “dpkg -i --no-act”.
* Add missing semicolon to the vsnprintf() compat declaration.
Thanks to Robert Millan. Closes: #612203
* Fix typo in «dpkg-name --overwrite» argument parsing so that it actually
works at all. Thanks to Ivan Gagis <igagis@gmail.com>. LP: #728708
* Fix dpkg-split to not corrupt binary part metadata when generating the
split packages on 32-bit systems.

[ Raphaël Hertzog ]
* Fix a regression in dpkg-divert where using --rename led to a failure when
the rename implies crossing file systems. Thanks to Durk Strooisma for
spotting it.

[ Updated dpkg translations ]
* German (Sven Joachim).

[ Updated man page translations ]
* German (Helge Kreutzmann). Minor fixe(s).

-- Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org> Sun, 17 Apr 2011 07:27:13 +0200

The git branch for squeeze can be found at:

<http://git.debian.org/?p=dpkg/dpkg.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/squeeze>

Would such upload be fine?

thanks,
guillem

Old 04-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Guillem Jover

Hi!

On Sun, 2011-04-17 at 07:38:44 +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> We've fixed several regressions on the 1.15.x series, and I'd like to
> upload a new 1.15.8.11 release targetting squeeze.

Forgot to mention, that for these two there's functional test cases:

<http://git.debian.org/?p=dpkg/pkg-tests.git;a=commitdiff;h=b6961dee>

> * Fix dpkg-split to not corrupt binary part metadata when generating the
> split packages on 32-bit systems.

<http://git.debian.org/?p=dpkg/pkg-tests.git;a=commitdiff;h=d9bcdd92>

thanks,
guillem

Old 04-25-2011, 03:24 PM
"Adam D. Barratt"

Hi,

On Sun, 2011-04-17 at 07:38 +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> [ Guillem Jover ]
> * Do not segfault on “dpkg -i --no-act”.
> * Add missing semicolon to the vsnprintf() compat declaration.
> Thanks to Robert Millan. Closes: #612203
> * Fix typo in «dpkg-name --overwrite» argument parsing so that it actually
> works at all. Thanks to Ivan Gagis <igagis@gmail.com>. LP: #728708
> * Fix dpkg-split to not corrupt binary part metadata when generating the
> split packages on 32-bit systems.
>
> [ Raphaël Hertzog ]
> * Fix a regression in dpkg-divert where using --rename led to a failure when
> the rename implies crossing file systems. Thanks to Durk Strooisma for
> spotting it.

Assuming that the package has been tested in a Squeeze environment,
please go ahead; thanks.

Regards,

Adam

Old 04-26-2011, 07:39 AM
Guillem Jover

Hi!

On Mon, 2011-04-25 at 16:24:28 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-04-17 at 07:38 +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > [ Guillem Jover ]
> > * Do not segfault on “dpkg -i --no-act”.
> > * Add missing semicolon to the vsnprintf() compat declaration.
> > Thanks to Robert Millan. Closes: #612203
> > * Fix typo in «dpkg-name --overwrite» argument parsing so that it actually
> > works at all. Thanks to Ivan Gagis <igagis@gmail.com>. LP: #728708
> > * Fix dpkg-split to not corrupt binary part metadata when generating the
> > split packages on 32-bit systems.
> >
> > [ Raphaël Hertzog ]
> > * Fix a regression in dpkg-divert where using --rename led to a failure when
> > the rename implies crossing file systems. Thanks to Durk Strooisma for
> > spotting it.
>
> Assuming that the package has been tested in a Squeeze environment,
> please go ahead; thanks.

Yes it had been tested on squeeze, but just to make sure, I manually
tested the changes again and run the functional test-suite on a
clean chroot. The packages are being uploaded right now.

thanks,
guillem

Old 04-26-2011, 06:27 PM
"Adam D. Barratt"

On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 09:39 +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Mon, 2011-04-25 at 16:24:28 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > Assuming that the package has been tested in a Squeeze environment,
> > please go ahead; thanks.
>
> Yes it had been tested on squeeze, but just to make sure, I manually
> tested the changes again and run the functional test-suite on a
> clean chroot. The packages are being uploaded right now.

I've flagged the upload for acceptance at the next dinstall; thanks.

Regards,

Adam