Old 04-11-2011, 08:06 AM
misca misca

Default Failed to fetch http://www.emdebian.org/debian/dists/squeeze/Release

Hi

I am sorry if this email is not to the correct group but this is the closest one I found the list of different email lists

I was trying to install gcc-4.4-arm-linux-gnueabi on my debian system by doing the following

# echo "deb http://www.emdebian.org/debian/ squeeze main > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/emdebian.list
# echo "deb http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian squeeze main contrib non-free" >> /etc/apt/sources.list
# apt-get install emdebian-archive-keyring
# sudo apt-get update

According to page http://www.emdebian.org/tools/crosstools.html

but I get the following error message

W: Failed to fetch
http://www.emdebian.org/debian/dists/squeeze/Release* Unable to find
expected entry* main/binary-armel/Packages in Meta-index file (malformed
Release file?)

E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Is the repository wrong or am I doing something wrong ?

Live well
Regards Stefan

Old 04-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Raphael Hertzog

Hello,

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011, misca misca wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am sorry if this email is not to the correct group but this is the
> closest one I found the list of different email lists

Bad choice, try again on debian-embedded@lists.debian.org.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer