Old 03-25-2011, 10:11 AM
Gustavo Alkmim

Default Help on compile and test dpkg

Hi,

I am starting now at the dpkg development.

I download the sources from http://git.debian.org/?p=dpkg/dpkg.git;a=summary in the snapshot link

How can I compile the sources modified by me and test it at my machine?

Thanks,

Gustavo Prado Alkmim

Old 03-25-2011, 05:08 PM
Raphael Hertzog

Hello,

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011, Gustavo Alkmim wrote:
> I download the sources from
> http://git.debian.org/?p=dpkg/dpkg.git;a=summary in the snapshot link
> How can I compile the sources modified by me and test it at my machine?

You compile it like any other package:
http://raphaelhertzog.com/2010/12/15/howto-to-rebuild-debian-packages/

But you also need autoconf and automake in addition to the listed build
dependencies.

That said you really want to use git to grab the sources. Working without
version control is not really something I would advise.

git clone git://git.debian.org/dpkg/dpkg.git

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)

Old 03-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Gustavo Alkmim

Thanks for your tips. I'm going to follow them.

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011, Gustavo Alkmim wrote:

> I download the sources from

> http://git.debian.org/?p=dpkg/dpkg.git;a=summary in the snapshot link

> How can I compile the sources modified by me and test it at my machine?

You compile it like any other package:

http://raphaelhertzog.com/2010/12/15/howto-to-rebuild-debian-packages/

Thanks. This link is very useful.

*

But you also need autoconf and automake in addition to the listed build

dependencies.

That said you really want to use git to grab the sources. Working without

version control is not really something I would advise.

git clone git://git.debian.org/dpkg/dpkg.git

Thanks. I'm going to use the git.
*

Cheers,