FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian dpkg

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Filip Zyzniewski
 
Default Update translation files.

Hi, I am sending this again because the previous message (direct 9MB
one from git send-email) seems to have been discarded because of its
size.

Here is the compressed patch:
http://repository.jlime.com/0001-Update-translation-files.patch.bz2

I am sending this because I'd like to contribute some changes and I
think it would be better if an update of po/pot files was done before
as a separate commit.

This commit is a direct result of running these commands:
cd po
make dpkg.pot
make update-po
for po in *.po
do
# remove strings not existing in the source code
awk '$1 ~ "#~" { exit }; {print $0}' "$po" > "$po.new"
mv "$po.new" "$po"
done

Signed-off-by: Filip Zyzniewski <filip.zyzniewski@gmail.com>

bye,
Filip Zyzniewski


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-dpkg-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: AANLkTikFRz3rLzbxeRHbfQrfaJ1NTV1rknuu2Jh+Qd=a@mail .gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/AANLkTikFRz3rLzbxeRHbfQrfaJ1NTV1rknuu2Jh+Qd=a@mail .gmail.com
 
Old 03-06-2011, 08:48 AM
Raphael Hertzog
 
Default Update translation files.

Hi,

On Sun, 06 Mar 2011, Filip Zyzniewski wrote:
> Hi, I am sending this again because the previous message (direct 9MB
> one from git send-email) seems to have been discarded because of its
> size.
>
> Here is the compressed patch:
> http://repository.jlime.com/0001-Update-translation-files.patch.bz2

Thanks, no need to send a patch for this. You can just ask us to update
the PO files.

I've done so.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Follow my Debian News ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.com (English)
▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-dpkg-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20110306094834.GA15516@rivendell.home.ouaza.com">h ttp://lists.debian.org/20110306094834.GA15516@rivendell.home.ouaza.com
 
Old 03-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Filip Zyzniewski
 
Default Update translation files.

On 3/6/11, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:

> Thanks, no need to send a patch for this. You can just ask us to update
> the PO files.
>
> I've done so.

Thanks .

Is there any reason for leaving unmatched strings at the end (#~...)
of the .po files?

bye,
Filip Zyzniewski


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-dpkg-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: AANLkTik2NCsR9K806tH=KE+tQZ4f=3GrbK_LtRQtfPwM@mail .gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/AANLkTik2NCsR9K806tH=KE+tQZ4f=3GrbK_LtRQtfPwM@mail .gmail.com
 
Old 03-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Christian PERRIER
 
Default Update translation files.

Quoting Filip Zyzniewski (filip.zyzniewski@gmail.com):
> Hi, I am sending this again because the previous message (direct 9MB
> one from git send-email) seems to have been discarded because of its
> size.
>
> Here is the compressed patch:
> http://repository.jlime.com/0001-Update-translation-files.patch.bz2
>
> I am sending this because I'd like to contribute some changes and I
> think it would be better if an update of po/pot files was done before
> as a separate commit.
>
> This commit is a direct result of running these commands:
> cd po
> make dpkg.pot
> make update-po
> for po in *.po
> do
> # remove strings not existing in the source code
> awk '$1 ~ "#~" { exit }; {print $0}' "$po" > "$po.new"
> mv "$po.new" "$po"
> done


I disagree with unconditionnally removing obsolete translations. This
should be left up to the translation teams. These strings may be used
by intelligent PO editors to make some fuzzy matching.


I would like, for instance, to keep them for French translations.
 
Old 03-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Helge Kreutzmann
 
Default Update translation files.

Hello,
I concure with Christian, please keep the currently unused strings for
German as well.

Greetings

Helge
--
Dr. Helge Kreutzmann debian@helgefjell.de
Dipl.-Phys. http://www.helgefjell.de/debian.php
64bit GNU powered gpg signed mail preferred
Help keep free software "libre": http://www.ffii.de/
 
Old 03-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Raphael Hertzog
 
Default Update translation files.

On Mon, 07 Mar 2011, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Hello,
> I concure with Christian, please keep the currently unused strings for
> German as well.

We're not changing our process, so no worries. I only do "make update-po"
in the top-level directory whenever I want to regenerate the PO files.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Follow my Debian News ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.com (English)
▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-dpkg-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20110307155840.GA27937@rivendell.home.ouaza.com">h ttp://lists.debian.org/20110307155840.GA27937@rivendell.home.ouaza.com
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:30 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org