Old 02-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Loc Minier

Default All Debian + -ports supported GNU triplets

Hi

binutils-multiarch is currently built with support for a hardcoded list
of triplets. I've changed this in Ubuntu to use --enable-targets=all
[1] and used the same for the new gdb-multiarch package, but this is a
bit painful as it causes some issues [2] and requires people to set the
gnutarget in gdb-mutliarch [3].

So I intend to change binutils-multiarch and gdb-multiarch to
--enable-targets=<all Debian-supported GNU triplets>.

But the first column of /usr/share/dpkg/archtable only covers triplets
suppored in Debian itself (not on debian-ports) and is documented as
being there for historical reasons only.

My current guess is to combine all GNU CPU names found in the second
column of /usr/share/dpkg/cputable with all the GNU names found in the
second column of /usr/share/dpkg/ostable, but that seems to be way more
than the real Debian + debian-ports.org ports which we support.

What would you folks suggest?

Thanks for your input!

[1] http://launchpadlibrarian.net/65095236/binutils_2.21.0.20110216-1ubuntu1_2.21.0.20110216-1ubuntu2.diff.gz
[2] http://launchpadlibrarian.net/65218001/buildlog_ubuntu-natty-i386.armel-cross-toolchain-base_1.59_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz