-   -   Download help (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-dpkg/494345-download-help.html)

Qasim Zia 02-26-2011 09:51 AM

Download help

Sir,
Kindly guide me that from where i can download Package: dpkg version
1.4.0.31 becauz i am interested to fix error of debian no #31141
Kindly guide becauz i choose this error as my project in adv. OS.
Thanks,

Jonathan Nieder 02-26-2011 10:13 AM

Download help

Hi,

http://snapshot.debian.org/ has 1.4.0.34 and 1.4.0.23.2.

> becauz i am interested to fix error of debian no #31141

As the bug log mentions, there is a fix here:

http://git.debian.org/?p=dpkg/dpkg.git;a=commitdiff;h=2561f28

Hope that helps,
Jonathan

Qasim Zia 02-26-2011 10:35 AM

Download help

Thanks for the reply,

kindly send me the attachment of specified dpkg version or the direct
url from where i can download. I am facing difficulty in finding the
version

Thanks
Qasim

Steve Langasek 02-26-2011 05:24 PM

Download help

Hi there,

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 03:35:15AM -0800, Qasim Zia wrote:
> kindly send me the attachment of specified dpkg version or the direct
> url from where i can download. I am facing difficulty in finding the
> version

You do understand that the dpkg developers have already implemented a fix
for this bug, right? Even if they had not, the standard practice for fixing
bugs in Debian is to develop fixes against the *current* version of the
package, not against the version that was current at the time the bug was
filed.

The versions Jonathan mentioned can be downloaded here:

http://snapshot.debian.org/package/dpkg/1.4.0.23.2/
http://snapshot.debian.org/package/dpkg/1.4.0.34/

But if you're asking on this list because you believe the dpkg developers
will be interested in helping you with this project, I think you're
mistaken. For that you should pick a bug that actually still needs to be
fixed, not one that has been tagged 'pending'.

Ubuntu Developer http://www.debian.org/
slangasek@ubuntu.com vorlon@debian.org