Old 02-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Baneenamol VP

Default TRYING TO IMPLEMENT STOWFS

SIR,

******* We are the students of mes engineering college in
India. As a part of the main project* "A SIMPLE IMPLEMENTATION OF
STOWFS" in the final semester,we need your valuable information about
PACKAGE MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS such as aptitude,apt-get,dpkg,dselect.

******** As an initial step we successfully compiled
aptitude,apt-get,dpkg,dselect from sources and then generated* a fully
functional binary package management program . Now we are studying the
source code of each of this package management programs. But we felt
some difficulties for identifying source(.c)files that is responsible
for exploading content while installing a package(.deb) using these.To
proceed well with remaining* steps we need your very valuable
informations about which is the most suitable package management
program to modify the source for the success of stowfs .

looking forward to you

yours sincerely

BANEENAMOL
MUHSINA A
MUMTHAS A M
SUMAYA BEEGUM

MES COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
KUTTIPURAM,KERALA,INDIA

Old 02-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Raphael Hertzog

Hello,

On Thu, 03 Feb 2011, Baneenamol VP wrote:
> We are the students of mes engineering college in India. As a part
> of the main project "A SIMPLE IMPLEMENTATION OF STOWFS" in the final
> semester,we need your valuable information about PACKAGE MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS
> such as aptitude,apt-get,dpkg,dselect.
> As an initial step we successfully compiled
> aptitude,apt-get,dpkg,dselect from sources and then generated a fully
> functional binary package management program . Now we are studying the
> source code of each of this package management programs. But we felt some
> difficulties for identifying source(.c)files that is responsible for
> exploading content while installing a package(.deb) using these.

I'm not sure what you mean with "exploading" but I guess you're looking
for src/archives.c and src/processarc.c in dpkg.

> To proceed
> well with remaining steps we need your very valuable informations about
> which is the most suitable package management program to modify the source
> for the success of stowfs .

I don't know anything about stowfs (except a quick search on the internet
right now) but it's probably something that you want to deal at the dpkg
level.

At least because I expect you will want to extract somewhere else than /
while still comparing to / to make up the various decisions of what to
install on how to install it.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)

Old 02-04-2011, 05:24 AM
Baneenamol VP

yes, sir.* While exploding the contents, we will first need to create a directory
(containing the package's name) under /package and then create its
symlinks under /.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:00 PM
Baneenamol VP

Respected sir....**********

* * * ** ** we are starting with source file processarc.c....but, some difficulties for understanding whole of them...so sir we need your valuable information about which part of this processarc.c is* doing path for package's own files to the file system. *
* yours faithfully....
baneenamol v.pmes college of engineering, kuttippuram, india **