Old 01-16-2011, 09:09 AM
pablo platt

Default Conf files and static files in a deb package

Hi

I'm using dh_help to build a package template and trying to follow the debian packaging guide for creating a binary package.

How do I tell debuild which file is a conf file and should go for example to /etc/mypkg.conf ?

I've tried to put it under mypkg-0.1/etc/mypkg/fname.conf but debuild ignores it.
The debian guide says all files under etc/ are treated automatically as conf files but it doesn't work for me (http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guid...ml#s-conffiles).

I've tried putting the conf file under mypkg-1.0/etc/mypkg.conf and under mypkg-1.0/debain/etc/mypkg.conf but it is not included. I also tried to list the file in conffiles but I'm getting an error that it can't be found when building the package.

I also don't understand how to include static files in the package.
Do I have to use the install file to list all the files and folders?
I thought that putting everything with the full path under the mypkgs-0.1 folder should work like it does when using dpkg manually.

Thanks

Old 01-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Raphael Hertzog

Hi,

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011, pablo platt wrote:
> I'm using dh_help to build a package template and trying to follow the
> debian packaging guide for creating a binary package.

Please ask your packaging questions on debian-mentors@lists.debian.org.
This list is for developing dpkg.

Just a quick hint for you though:
> How do I tell debuild which file is a conf file and should go for example to
> /etc/mypkg.conf ?
[...]
> I also don't understand how to include static files in the package.

man dh_install

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer