Old 12-29-2010, 12:37 AM
Thorsten Glaser

Default optimisation potential?

Hi,

dpkg-architecture appears to be called rather often.
It’s slow though…

root@ara0:~/T # time dpkg-architecture
DEB_BUILD_ARCH=m68k
DEB_BUILD_ARCH_OS=linux
DEB_BUILD_ARCH_CPU=m68k
DEB_BUILD_ARCH_BITS=32
DEB_BUILD_ARCH_ENDIAN=big
DEB_BUILD_GNU_CPU=m68k
DEB_BUILD_GNU_SYSTEM=linux-gnu
DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE=m68k-linux-gnu
DEB_HOST_ARCH=m68k
DEB_HOST_ARCH_OS=linux
DEB_HOST_ARCH_CPU=m68k
DEB_HOST_ARCH_BITS=32
DEB_HOST_ARCH_ENDIAN=big
DEB_HOST_GNU_CPU=m68k
DEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM=linux-gnu
DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE=m68k-linux-gnu
0m7.49s real 0m2.97s user 0m4.02s system

The system is otherwise idle, and it’s the second call, so hot cache.

root@ara0:~/T # cat /proc/cpuinfo
CPU: 68040
MMU: 68040
FPU: 68040
Clocking: 60.2MHz
BogoMips: 40.14
Calibration: 200704 loops

Debian unstable. Other tools might be similar.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
FWIW, I'm quite impressed with mksh interactively. I thought it was much
*much* more bare bones. But it turns out it beats the living hell out of