Old 11-22-2010, 04:42 AM
Guillem Jover

Default Next upload 2010-11-24 (dpkg 1.15.8.6)

Hi!

Ok, so let's target the next dpkg upload for the 24th. Sending this
mostly in case translators still want to get some changes in, as this
might probably be the last upload targetting squeeze. I know this is
with quite short notice, sorry about that, but we need to upload
rather soon. In case some translators would need few more days I
guess we could stretch the schedule a bit.

Given that there's not been any further arguments against, and RaphaŽl
does not object to them anymore, I'm going to commit the two sync/fsync
patches later today to the sid branch.

thanks,
guillem

Old 11-22-2010, 05:00 AM
Jonathan Nieder

Hi Guillem,

Guillem Jover wrote:

> Given that there's not been any further arguments against, and RaphaŽl
> does not object to them anymore, I'm going to commit the two sync/fsync
> patches later today to the sid branch.

Here's an explanation that might be useful as raw material for a
NEWS.Debian:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/570805/comments/6

Thanks for your work on this and sorry for so much wasted noise.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:08 AM
Andrei Popescu

On Lu, 22 nov 10, 06:42:42, Guillem Jover wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Ok, so let's target the next dpkg upload for the 24th. Sending this
> mostly in case translators still want to get some changes in, as this
> might probably be the last upload targetting squeeze. I know this is
> with quite short notice, sorry about that, but we need to upload
> rather soon. In case some translators would need few more days I
> guess we could stretch the schedule a bit.

I was working on an update, but got caught by real life. Let's see if I
can still get it done in time...

Regards,
Andrei

Old 11-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Miguel Figueiredo

A Segunda 22 Novembro 2010 05:42:42 Guillem Jover vocÍ escreveu:
> Hi!
>
> Ok, so let's target the next dpkg upload for the 24th. Sending this
> mostly in case translators still want to get some changes in, as this
> might probably be the last upload targetting squeeze. I know this is
> with quite short notice, sorry about that, but we need to upload
> rather soon. In case some translators would need few more days I
> guess we could stretch the schedule a bit.
>
> Given that there's not been any further arguments against, and RaphaŽl
> does not object to them anymore, I'm going to commit the two sync/fsync
> patches later today to the sid branch.
>
> thanks,
> guillem

As dpkg translation is not short neither trivial would be great to have a last
Call For Translations with a weekend to work on it.
Don't mind if it's after commiting the code patches.

--
Melhores cumprimentos/Best regards,

Miguel Figueiredo
http://www.DebianPT.org

Old 11-23-2010, 05:22 AM
Christian PERRIER

Quoting Miguel Figueiredo (elmig@debianpt.org):

> As dpkg translation is not short neither trivial would be great to have a last
> Call For Translations with a weekend to work on it.

Calls for translations were issued quite a while ago and are still
valid. They were made with the explicit mention of the release target
and the fact that is was then time to make an update.

So, I don't really plan, myself, to do more. Indeed, either
translators did cope with these calls for translations....or there are
few chances they will *now*, particularly if their translation is
highly incomplete.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:32 AM
Raphael Hertzog

Hi,

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010, Miguel Figueiredo wrote:
> As dpkg translation is not short neither trivial would be great to have a last
> Call For Translations with a weekend to work on it.
> Don't mind if it's after commiting the code patches.

FWIW we had no string changes in the sid branch since the last call for
translations on september first. There have been lots of week-ends
already. :-)

Cheers,
--
Rapha√ęl Hertzog ‚óą Debian Developer

Follow my Debian News ‚Ė∂ http://RaphaelHertzog.com (English)
‚Ė∂ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Fran√ßais)

Old 11-25-2010, 06:22 AM
Guillem Jover

Hi!
On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 08:32:22 +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Nov 2010, Miguel Figueiredo wrote:
> > As dpkg translation is not short neither trivial would be great to have a last
> > Call For Translations with a weekend to work on it.
> > Don't mind if it's after commiting the code patches.
>
> FWIW we had no string changes in the sid branch since the last call for
> translations on september first. There have been lots of week-ends
> already. :-)

Well, I didn't remember, and just noticed while preparing the upload
that the --force-unsafe-io patch includes a string change for dpkg,
and an addition to the man page. Sorry about that.

So given this, if translators feel like it, I can take care of a call
for translation and preparing a new release in one or two weeks.
Otherwise we can just queue any that pop up, and include them whenever
the next upload happens.

regards,
guillem

Old 11-26-2010, 05:23 AM
Christian PERRIER

Quoting Guillem Jover (guillem@debian.org):

> So given this, if translators feel like it, I can take care of a call
> for translation and preparing a new release in one or two weeks.

Tha would be fair.

Formerly complete languages:

ca da eo eu id it ja ko nb pt ro ru sk

Old 11-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Helge Kreutzmann

Hello Christian,
On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 07:23:08AM +0100, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Quoting Guillem Jover (guillem@debian.org):
>
> > So given this, if translators feel like it, I can take care of a call
> > for translation and preparing a new release in one or two weeks.
>

> Tha would be fair.
>
> Formerly complete languages:
>
> ca da eo eu id it ja ko nb pt ro ru sk

Why not de?

Greetings

Helge
--
Dr. Helge Kreutzmann debian@helgefjell.de
Dipl.-Phys. http://www.helgefjell.de/debian.php

Old 11-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Sven Joachim

On 2010-11-26 19:59 +0100, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:

> Hello Christian,
> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 07:23:08AM +0100, Christian PERRIER wrote:
>> Quoting Guillem Jover (guillem@debian.org):
>>
>> > So given this, if translators feel like it, I can take care of a call
>> > for translation and preparing a new release in one or two weeks.
>>

>> Tha would be fair.
>>
>> Formerly complete languages:
>>
>> ca da eo eu id it ja ko nb pt ro ru sk
>
> Why not de?

I suspect Christian looked only at the dpkg translations, and I have
already re-completed de. For the manpages it's your turn.

Cheers,
Sven