Old 07-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Pierre Habouzit

Default leverage -x/-X tar call to pass more tar options

I'm in the process of moving apt-listchanges to C, slowly, and the
attached patch would make it really easier for me to work with dpkg-deb.

The point is that doing chained pipes is pretty annoying from C
(especially if you want to use parallelism in the process), plus it kind
of make sense for many kind of operations where you don't need
--fsys-tarfile anymore: e.g. extracting a single file can be done with:

dpkg-deb -x file.deb some-dir ./path/to/file/to/extract

What I do is that additionnal arguments passed after the "directory"
argument of -x and -X are passed straight to tar.
--
O Pierre Habouzit
O madcoder@debian.org