Old 11-09-2008, 08:14 PM
"Eugene V. Lyubimkin"

Default state of #374195

Hello Dpkg Developers!

Does current dpkg strip newlines from the status pipe as proposed by Michael Vogt in [1] ?

[1]
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=30;filename=dpkg-no-multiline-errors-on-statusfd.diff;att=1;bug=374195

--
Eugene V. Lyubimkin aka JackYF
Ukrainian C++ developer, Debian APT contributor

Old 11-10-2008, 06:28 AM
Guillem Jover

clone 374195 -1
reassign -1 dpkg
retitle -1 dpkg: should strip new lines from statusfd output
severity -1 normal
thanks

On Sun, 2008-11-09 at 23:14:05 +0200, Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:
> Does current dpkg strip newlines from the status pipe as proposed by
> Michael Vogt in [1] ?

It does not currently, but I agree it should, thus cloned and
reassigned to dpkg. I've left the original bug in apt as it should not
be crashing.

> [1]
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=30;filename=dpkg-no-multiline-errors-on-statusfd.diff;att=1;bug=374195

The patch is not good as it is now, but will push tomorrow the one I just
cooked now, after some minimal testing.

regards,
guillem