Old 05-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Joey Hess

Default packages up for adoption

I'll no longer be maintaining the following packages. I plan to orphan
them next week and hope to find new maintainers for them before then.

aalib
acpi
analog
archivemail
fbreader (and liblinebreak, a dependency)
grepmail (whoever takes this will probably want to be on the perl team,
it's tightly tied to libmail-mbox-messageparser-perl and releases
sometimes need to be coordinated)
intercal
ixp4xx-microcode
longrun
metastore (David Härdeman has first dibs as an upstream connected with Debian)
procmeter3
rss2email
snowdrop
sparkline-php
splitvt
sysnews
uboot-mkimage
unclutter
xaos
xaoom
znc

I also have several games up for adoption. The games team has first
pick.

bsdgames
kobodeluxe
nestra
dgen (non-free)
oneko
uqm, uqm-content (already claimed by games team)
xbl
xemeraldia
xgalaga
xjewel
xtris

--
see shy jo

Old 05-22-2008, 02:35 AM
Michael Meskes

Sorry guys, apparently this email of mine didn't make it to the list.
Thus sending it again. Need to figure out what's going on as this
happened twice.

Am Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2008 20:53:51 schrieb Joey Hess:
> I'll no longer be maintaining the following packages. I plan to orphan
> them next week and hope to find new maintainers for them before then.
> acpi

I take this one. Hmm, thinking about it, I wonder if we should bring all acpi
related packages into a pkg-acpi group and maintain them together.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
Go VfL Borussia! Go SF 49ers! Use Debian GNU/Linux! Use PostgreSQL!

Old 05-22-2008, 04:59 AM
Lars Wirzenius

to, 2008-05-22 kello 04:35 +0200, Michael Meskes kirjoitti:
> Am Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2008 20:53:51 schrieb Joey Hess:
> > I'll no longer be maintaining the following packages. I plan to orphan
> > them next week and hope to find new maintainers for them before then.
> > acpi
>
> I take this one. Hmm, thinking about it, I wonder if we should bring all acpi
> related packages into a pkg-acpi group and maintain them together.

Is acpi better than acpitool?

Old 05-22-2008, 05:59 AM
"Anibal Avelar"

Old 05-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Bart Martens

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> I'll no longer be maintaining the following packages. I plan to orphan
> them next week and hope to find new maintainers for them before then.
>
> aalib

I'll adopt aalib.

Regards,

Bart Martens

Old 05-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Joey Hess

Michael Meskes wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2008 20:53:51 schrieb Joey Hess:
> > I'll no longer be maintaining the following packages. I plan to orphan
> > them next week and hope to find new maintainers for them before then.
> > acpi
>
> I take this one. Hmm, thinking about it, I wonder if we should bring all acpi
> related packages into a pkg-acpi group and maintain them together.

Could be tricky since they also fit into groups like gnome, etc.

Ok, you have acpi. My git repo is listed in the Vcs-Git field. It has a
change (debhelper 7) that you may want to grab.

--
see shy jo

Old 05-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Joey Hess

Anibal Avelar wrote:
> Im' very interested to adopt this packages:
>
> > archivemail
> > splitvt - I use it.
> > unclutter - I use it.
> > xaoom ? I think would be xzoom?

Yes, xzoom.

Ok, please upload new versions with you as maintainer, and a few of
these have unreleased changes for debhelper v7 in their git repositories
(Vcs-Git fields).

--
see shy jo

Old 05-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Joey Hess

Bart Martens wrote:
> Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> > I'll no longer be maintaining the following packages. I plan to orphan
> > them next week and hope to find new maintainers for them before then.
> >
> > aalib
>
> I'll adopt aalib.

Both you and Anibal want this, so work something out.

--
see shy jo

Old 05-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Bart Martens

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 13:36 -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Bart Martens wrote:
> > Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> > > I'll no longer be maintaining the following packages. I plan to orphan
> > > them next week and hope to find new maintainers for them before then.
> > >
> > > aalib
> >
> > I'll adopt aalib.
>
> Both you and Anibal want this, so work something out.

Are you sure that Aníbal Monsalve Salazar is adopting aalib ? I don't
read that on debian-devel... Maybe you agreed with Aníbal via private
e-mail ?

Regards,

Bart Martens

Old 05-22-2008, 06:18 PM
Joey Hess

Bart Martens wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 13:36 -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Bart Martens wrote:

> > > I'll adopt aalib.
> >
> > Both you and Anibal want this, so work something out.
> >

> Are you sure that Aníbal Monsalve Salazar is adopting aalib ? I don't
> read that on debian-devel... Maybe you agreed with Aníbal via private
> e-mail ?

Anibal mailed me privately earlier.

--
see shy jo