Old 04-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Kai Wasserbäch

Default GnuPG: Maintainer inactive?

Hello,
on the 1st of April I wrote an e-mail to James Troup offering my help in hunting
down open bugs which are no longer present an thus enabling him to concentrate
on packaging GnuPG 1.4.9. But his last action regarding this package is well
over an year old and the only updates I can see in the PTS were made by the
Security Team. And before I forget to write it: I didn't receive an answer.
So my question is: Is James known to be inactive? Are there others currently on
the task to get a new version (upstream has 1.4.9) into Debian? Is there
anything I can help (I'm certainly not suitable as a maintainer for that package
myself, because it's too essential to be entrusted to someone who is unknown to
(nearly) all people on this list) with, e.g. by triaging bugs?

Should this question already have been discussed somewhere, please point me to it.

Thank you in advance for your reply(s).

Kind regards,
Kai Wasserbäch

--

Kai Wasserbäch (Kai Wasserbaech)

E-Mail: debian@carbon-project.org
Jabber (debianforum.de): Drizzt
GnuPG: 0xE1DE59D2 0600 96CE F3C8 E733 E5B6 1587 A309 D76C E1DE 59D2
(http://pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de/pks/lookup?search=0xE1DE59D2&fingerprint=on&hash=on&op =vindex)

Old 04-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Michael Banck

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 02:19:12PM +0200, Kai Wasserbäch wrote:
> on the 1st of April I wrote an e-mail to James Troup offering my help in hunting
> down open bugs which are no longer present an thus enabling him to concentrate
> on packaging GnuPG 1.4.9. But his last action regarding this package is well
> over an year old and the only updates I can see in the PTS were made by the
> Security Team. And before I forget to write it: I didn't receive an answer.
> So my question is: Is James known to be inactive? Are there others currently on
> the task to get a new version (upstream has 1.4.9) into Debian? Is there
> anything I can help (I'm certainly not suitable as a maintainer for that package
> myself, because it's too essential to be entrusted to someone who is unknown to
> (nearly) all people on this list) with, e.g. by triaging bugs?

I guess triaging bugs (i.e. marking bugs which have been fixed upstream
in newer versions as "fixed-upstream" or mention bugs which can be
closed already cause they are fixed in the current version in the
appropriate bug (CCing the submitter, so they can possibly close it
themselves) is always welcome, regardless of any other action or
non-action by the maintainer.

Michael

Old 04-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Kai Wasserbäch

Hello again,

Kai Wasserbäch wrote:
> [...] Is there anything I can help (I'm certainly not suitable as a maintainer
> for that package myself, because it's too essential to be entrusted to someone
> who is unknown to (nearly) all people on this list) with, e.g. by triaging bugs?

I've just seen, that Daniel Leidert is already on it and triages the bugs. If
you (Daniel) would like me to help you, just let me know. Otherwise just: thank you.

Kind regards,
Kai Wasserbäch