Old 09-22-2012, 01:38 AM
Koichi Akabe

Default python-twitter is not maintained

Hi,

I want to use python-twitter package [1], but this package is old and
it's not able to be used [2]. The current maintainer said he will
update it in the following days, but it has never updated for one and
a half years. I think he is not active now [3].

Can I take over this package?

[1] http://packages.debian.org/sid/python-twitter
[3] http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=mauro@cacavoladora.org

Koichi Akabe
vbkaisetsu at {gmail.com, debian.or.jp}

Old 09-22-2012, 03:16 AM
Charles Plessy

Le Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 10:38:06AM +0900, Koichi Akabe a écrit :

> I want to use python-twitter package [1], but this package is old and
> it's not able to be used [2]. The current maintainer said he will
> update it in the following days, but it has never updated for one and
> a half years. I think he is not active now [3].
>
> Can I take over this package?
>
> [1] http://packages.debian.org/sid/python-twitter
> [2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=587749
> [3] http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=mauro@cacavoladora.org

Hi,

this is a team-maintained package, so the best place to ask is the team's
mailing list (debian-python in that case).

http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonModulesTeam/

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan

Old 09-22-2012, 04:23 AM
Koichi Akabe

Hi,

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 12:16:16 +0900
Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:

> this is a team-maintained package, so the best place to ask is the team's
> mailing list (debian-python in that case).
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonModulesTeam/

Okay, I forwarded it to: http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2012/09/msg00023.html
Thanks.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:13 PM
Mauro Lizaur

Koichi Akabe <vbkaisetsu@gmail.com> ha escrito:

Hi,

I want to use python-twitter package [1], but this package is old and
it's not able to be used [2]. The current maintainer said he will
update it in the following days, but it has never updated for one and
a half years. I think he is not active now [3].

Can I take over this package?

Hello,
I lost interest in Twitter long time ago and was in my plans to make a
last update before orphaning this package, given the lack of time (and
interest), this 'last update' never happened.
If you want to take over and be the maintainer of python-twitter,
please go ahead.

Also, you can contribute to the maintenance through the SVN of DPMT [0].

And last but not least, is not that I'm not active, I really have not
as much as free time as I had then. These days I'm slowly (really
slow) trying to update the packages I used to maintain, so don't sent
the MIA team yet :-)

[0] http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/python-modules/packages/python-twitter/

Saludos,
Mauro

Old 09-22-2012, 11:01 PM
Koichi Akabe

Hi Mauro,

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 18:13:34 -0300
Mauro Lizaur <mauro@cacavoladora.org> wrote:

> If you want to take over and be the maintainer of python-twitter,
> please go ahead.

Okay, I'll create a new package and upload it.
Thanks!

Old 09-23-2012, 01:25 AM
Mauro Lizaur

Koichi Akabe <vbkaisetsu@gmail.com> ha escrito:

Hi Mauro,

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 18:13:34 -0300
If you want to take over and be the maintainer of python-twitter,
please go ahead.

Okay, I'll create a new package and upload it.
Thanks!

Thank you for showing interest and to help Debian.

Saludos,
Mauro