-   -   volume control not working:debian 6.0.4 (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/702175-volume-control-not-working-debian-6-0-4-a.html)

magina antimage 09-10-2012 05:42 AM

volume control not working:debian 6.0.4

Hi,
** I have ported Debian for my target x86 board,and facing some problem in volume-control
* when i click on it's icon I am getting error:
*"The
volume control did not find any elements and/or devices to control.
This means either that you don't have the right GStreamer plugins
installed, or that you don't have a sound card configured.

You can remove the volume control from the panel by right-clicking
the speaker icon on the panel and selecting "Remove From Panel" from the
menu."

although if i play any media file through rythmbox* music player or movie player it plays audio...

please help me

also,to access audio i need to add user in audio group (/etc/group).

Regards.