Old 08-18-2012, 11:12 PM
Vincent Danjean

Default Misc Developer News (#30)

Hi,

Le 18/08/2012 12:47, Paul Wise a écrit :
> Control Commands at submit@bugs.debian.org time
>
> You can now use control commands at submit@bugs.debian.org time in the
> pseudo-headers.

Does this mean that it will be possible to improve reportbug so
that it will be possible to automaticcaly subscribe a bug when
reporting it? Anyone already working on it?

Regards,
Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean GPG key ID 0x9D025E87 vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: FC95 08A6 854D DB48 4B9A 8A94 0BF7 7867 9D02 5E87

Old 08-18-2012, 11:17 PM
Sandro Tosi

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 1:12 AM, Vincent Danjean <vdanjean.ml@free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 18/08/2012 12:47, Paul Wise a écrit :
>> Control Commands at submit@bugs.debian.org time
>>
>> You can now use control commands at submit@bugs.debian.org time in the
>> pseudo-headers.
>
> Does this mean that it will be possible to improve reportbug so
> that it will be possible to automaticcaly subscribe a bug when
> reporting it?

yep

> Anyone already working on it?

not that I'm aware of. But please note that if Control support will
land in reportbug, it will be something generic, that would allow also
for all the other commands and not just statically add "Control:
subscribe -1 <address>" to the pseudo-headers section.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:23 AM
Vincent Danjean

Le 19/08/2012 01:17, Sandro Tosi a écrit :
> On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 1:12 AM, Vincent Danjean <vdanjean.ml@free.fr> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Le 18/08/2012 12:47, Paul Wise a écrit :
>>> Control Commands at submit@bugs.debian.org time
>>>
>>> You can now use control commands at submit@bugs.debian.org time in the
>>> pseudo-headers.
>>
>> Does this mean that it will be possible to improve reportbug so
>> that it will be possible to automaticcaly subscribe a bug when
>> reporting it?
>
> yep
>
>> Anyone already working on it?
>
> not that I'm aware of. But please note that if Control support will
> land in reportbug, it will be something generic, that would allow also
> for all the other commands and not just statically add "Control:
> subscribe -1 <address>" to the pseudo-headers section.

I just opened #685271 in order to discuss about this feature.

Regards,
Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean Adresse: Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble
Téléphone: +33 4 76 61 20 11 ENSIMAG - antenne de Montbonnot

Old 08-19-2012, 08:48 AM
Paul Wise

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 7:12 AM, Vincent Danjean wrote:

> Does this mean that it will be possible to improve reportbug so
> that it will be possible to automaticcaly subscribe a bug when
> reporting it? Anyone already working on it?

Subscribing to bugs does not use the control bot, so I'm not sure if
that would work. I guess debbugs would need some enhancements before
reportbug can be adapted.

http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#subscribe

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

Old 08-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Don Armstrong

On Sun, 19 Aug 2012, Vincent Danjean wrote:
> Le 18/08/2012 12:47, Paul Wise a écrit :
> > Control Commands at submit@bugs.debian.org time
> >
> > You can now use control commands at submit@bugs.debian.org time in the
> > pseudo-headers.
>
> Does this mean that it will be possible to improve reportbug so
> that it will be possible to automaticcaly subscribe a bug when
> reporting it? Anyone already working on it?

control@-only operation. [The difference between these is minor, and
really just requires additional code to make it so that it can be
specified at control@ time too.]

However, what I'd really like is a library that handled mailing list
subscription with perl bindings (or in perl) which I could easily
interface with the BTS that didn't suck, and then route all messages
through that. However, it appears that such a thing does not exist,
and I haven't had a chance to write it.

Don Armstrong

--
Judge if you want.
We are all going to die.

http://www.donarmstrong.com http://rzlab.ucr.edu

Old 08-20-2012, 03:44 AM
Samuel Kerr

On 8/18/12, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> [...]
> infrastructure, to review the current set of machines we maintain and the
> services we provide, and to formulate some policies and procedures
> regarding account and group management.
>
> They aim to ensure that all Debian hardware is no more than 5 years old
> at any one time and hope to improve Debian donations and financial
> contributions in order to support that. They are moving towards using
> virtual machines for most services, consolidating our hosting locations
> and adding disaster mitigation through geographically-distributed service
> redundancy. They are starting a new Debian CDN for the distribution of
> static content such as the Debian website and Planet Debian. They have
> recently deployed a SSO solution for debian.org web based services. They
> will also be locking inactive shell accounts and adding easy ways to
> unlock them and monitoring the use of group memberships.
>
> -- Paul Wise
>
> [1] http://lists.debian.org/20120320012015.GA19474@emyr.net
>
> Using RAM for temporary files ?
> couple of posts and on LWN.
>
> - Final decision on defaulting to disk:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2012/06/msg00028.html
>
> - Summary from the person who started the thread:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2012/06/msg00311.html
>
> - Rebuttal: http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2012/06/msg00318.html
>
> - Article on LWN: https://lwn.net/Articles/499410/
>
> Control Commands at submit@bugs.debian.org time
>
> You can now use control commands at submit@bugs.debian.org time in the
> pseudo-headers. An example is the following:
>
> Package: foo
> Severity: normal
> Control: retitle -1 a bug, a bug, a buggy bug
> Control: tag -1 moreinfo help
>
> See pseudo header control commands[2], my blog post[3], and the
> DebConf12 lighting talk[4] for more information.
>
> -- Don Armstrong
>
> [2] http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting#control
> [3] http://www.donarmstrong.com/posts/control_at_submit/
> [4] http://penta.debconf.org/dc12_schedule/events/900.en.html
>
> Debian Maintainer Dashboard
> ---------------------------
>
> Debian Maintainer Dashboard[5] aims at gathering various kind of
> information useful to maintainers and teams. In addition to the usual
> information about packages versions, bug counts, etc., it exposes a list
> of TODO items (RC bugs to fix, missing builds, testing migration issues,
> new upstream releases etc). DMD gets all the data from the Ultimate Debian
> Database.
>
> -- Lucas Nussbaum
>
> [5] http://udd.debian.org/dmd.cgi
>
> Declaring media (MIME) types with FreeDesktop menu entry files
>
> The package mime-support version 3.53~experimental1[6] was uploaded in
> experimental. It implements the parsing of .desktop files to generate
> mailcap entries, thanks to a patch[7] from Brian M. Carlson. This will
> allow to de-duplicate media type information in packages containing

Sent from my mobile device