Old 08-18-2012, 02:42 AM
Charles Plessy

Default Priority field of xz-utils package

Le Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 07:23:37PM -0700, Jonathan Nieder a écrit :

> Ever since dpkg started using liblzma directly (dpkg 1.16.4), the xz
> command is no longer needed in a minimal Debian system. Based on its
> list of reverse-dependencies, it would presumably even be safe to
> lower its priority to optional.
>
> I think "standard" or "optional" is the correct priority. To be
> conservative I'd also be open to making the priority "important".
>
> Dear Debianites, what do you prefer? I'm cc-ing the release team
> because either change this late in the release cycle would require a
> freeze exception (and I'd be interested in their advice) and the
> installer team because of the effect on the installer size and the
> installed package set.

Hello Jonathan,

given that the priorities are set by the Debian archive, (which imports
them from the Debian control files at the first upload only), it is not
needed to upload xz-utils to change its priority.

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan