FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Martin Sourada
 
Default Nodoka notification theme

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 00:24 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> It is a visible change and requires testing from more folks. I guess
> that would qualify for making it a feature.
>
> Rahul
>
Thanks for the advice. Created and submitted for approval [1].

Thanks,
Martin

References:
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NodokaNotificationTheme

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 07-14-2008, 08:23 PM
Rahul Sundaram
 
Default Nodoka notification theme

Martin Sourada wrote:

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 00:24 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
It is a visible change and requires testing from more folks. I guess
that would qualify for making it a feature.


Rahul


Thanks for the advice. Created and submitted for approval [1].


You should add screenshots to show the difference and expand on the test
plan (how do you switch between the plan one and nodoka theme?) the
release notes. We would definitely want to note this during release.


Rahul

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 07-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Martin Sourada
 
Default Nodoka notification theme

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 11:32 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 12:03 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
>
> > I believe Mathias added some patch to the appearances caplet to set it
> > by itself if specified in the gnome meta-theme, but it does not seem to
> > work currently in rawhide. No gui for selection the theme is available
> > ATM AFAIK. Also there is an issue with the notification-daemon that it
> > crashes when theme is changed, I haven't filled a bug yet (but will
> > probably do so soon).
>
> Please file bugs for these issues and I'll look into it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matthias
Back at rawhide. I just discovered that the first issue I mentioned is a
little bit more sophisticated... The notification theme changes to
nodoka if I select Nodoka theme, however resets back to standard if I
choose e.g. a different icon theme (I've selected echo, which is why I
didn't noticed the nodoka notification theme was applied before changing
the icon theme). Bug filed:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=455329

Thanks,
Martin
_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 07-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Martin Sourada
 
Default Nodoka notification theme

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 01:53 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> You should add screenshots to show the difference and expand on the test
> plan (how do you switch between the plan one and nodoka theme?) the
> release notes. We would definitely want to note this during release.
>
> Rahul
>

I've expanded the release notes, added links to screenshots and a little
expanded the Test Plan section. Does this seem OK now (I am not very
good at writing such stuff)?

Thanks,
Martin

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NodokaNotificationTheme
--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 07-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Matthias Clasen
 
Default Nodoka notification theme

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 22:26 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 11:32 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 12:03 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> >
> > > I believe Mathias added some patch to the appearances caplet to set it
> > > by itself if specified in the gnome meta-theme, but it does not seem to
> > > work currently in rawhide. No gui for selection the theme is available
> > > ATM AFAIK. Also there is an issue with the notification-daemon that it
> > > crashes when theme is changed, I haven't filled a bug yet (but will
> > > probably do so soon).
> >
> > Please file bugs for these issues and I'll look into it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Matthias
> Back at rawhide. I just discovered that the first issue I mentioned is a
> little bit more sophisticated... The notification theme changes to
> nodoka if I select Nodoka theme, however resets back to standard if I
> choose e.g. a different icon theme (I've selected echo, which is why I
> didn't noticed the nodoka notification theme was applied before changing
> the icon theme). Bug filed:
>
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=455329
>

Please try tomorrows rawhide. I think both issues should be fixed.

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 07-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Martin Sourada
 
Default Nodoka notification theme

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 17:57 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Please try tomorrows rawhide. I think both issues should be fixed.
>
Yeah, both issues seem to be fixed after the update to latest versions
of notification-daemon (I tested it using network-manager and
notify-send) and control-center.

Thanks,
Martin
_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:01 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org