-   -   Towards d-i wheezy beta 2 (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/690621-towards-d-i-wheezy-beta-2-a.html)

Cyril Brulebois 08-04-2012 07:43 PM

Towards d-i wheezy beta 2

Hello,

here's a prospective timeline for d-i wheezy beta 2: 3 weeks for
development and bug fixes, 1 week for dealing with udeb-related unblock
requests, building/testing images and preparing release announcement.

The deadline should be pretty clear, and should let time for doc /
translation updates, especially on the installation guide front.
Christian, could you perform your l10n coordination magic bits?

Dates would be:
2012/08/25-26: development ends this week-end.
2012/09/01-02: d-i wheezy beta 2 is released.

Hopefully there won't be too many changes in such a timeframe, so the
one week for coordinating with release team, ftmasters, and cd team
should be sufficient.

Mraw,
KiBi.

Christian PERRIER 08-05-2012 06:46 AM

Towards d-i wheezy beta 2

Quoting Cyril Brulebois (kibi@debian.org):

> The deadline should be pretty clear, and should let time for doc /
> translation updates, especially on the installation guide front.
> Christian, could you perform your l10n coordination magic bits?

I'll send yet another call for updates, but I don't expect much
updates now. I made so much noise for beta1 that nearly all languages
teams coped and we have a stunning number of fully complete
translations (even for some very rarely used D-I packages).

> Dates would be:
> 2012/08/25-26: development ends this week-end.
> 2012/09/01-02: d-i wheezy beta 2 is released.
>
> Hopefully there won't be too many changes in such a timeframe, so the
> one week for coordinating with release team, ftmasters, and cd team
> should be sufficient.

I commit myself to help out as much as possible in achieving this. I'm
currently going through all D-I packages that have pending changes in
GIT and will upload them. The goal is to avoid staging stuff.