Old 08-02-2012, 06:11 AM
Atsuhito Kohda

Default request for removal of texmacs-extra-fonts

Hi all,

Since texmacs 1.0.7.13, texmacs includes all fonts
of texmacs-extra-fonts so texmacs-common sets
Conflicts: texmacs-extra-fonts since Sep. 2011 and
it seems there is no problem by now.
So I think texmacs-extra-fonts is obsolete and should
be removed.

I find science-typesetting sets Recommends: texmacs-extra-fonts
by mistake and I already filed a bug so I think there will be
no dependency on texmacs-extra-fonts.

I'm a maintainer of texmacs but not of texmacs-extra-fonts
which is maintained by QA team.

What is the best way to do in this case.
Is this mail enough or something more is necessary?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards, 2012-8-2(Thu)

--
Debian Developer - much more I18N of Debian
Atsuhito Kohda <kohda AT debian.org>

Old 08-02-2012, 07:37 AM
Alexander Reichle-Schmehl

Hi!

Am 02.08.2012 08:11, schrieb Atsuhito Kohda:
[..]
> What is the best way to do in this case.
> Is this mail enough or something more is necessary?

Please see the paragraph "About removals in Debian" on
http://ftp-master.debian.org/removals.html. Usualleyreportbig
ftp.debian.org should dop the trick.

Best regards,
Alexander

Old 08-02-2012, 07:39 AM
Ralf Treinen

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 02, 2012 at 03:11:57PM +0900, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:

> Since texmacs 1.0.7.13, texmacs includes all fonts
> of texmacs-extra-fonts so texmacs-common sets
> Conflicts: texmacs-extra-fonts since Sep. 2011 and
> it seems there is no problem by now.
> So I think texmacs-extra-fonts is obsolete and should
> be removed.
>
> I find science-typesetting sets Recommends: texmacs-extra-fonts
> by mistake and I already filed a bug so I think there will be
> no dependency on texmacs-extra-fonts.

thanks for having brought this up.

> What is the best way to do in this case.
> Is this mail enough or something more is necessary?

The proper way is to file a removal request against ftp.debian.org.
"reportbug ftp.debian.org" shows you the options. A removal request
should be sent by the package maintainer, but this probably doesn't
apply here since every DM is QA, and as texmacs maintainer you are
obvioulsy qualified to make this request.

It is probably better to wait until science-typesetting is fixed. If
you also think that texmacs-extra-fonts should not be distributed with
wheezy then the release team also has to unblock science-typesetting.

-Ralf.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:45 AM
Ralf Treinen

On Thu, Aug 02, 2012 at 03:11:57PM +0900, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:

> Since texmacs 1.0.7.13, texmacs includes all fonts
> of texmacs-extra-fonts so texmacs-common sets

When that happend, texmacs-extra-fonts should probably have been replaced
by an empty transitional package that depends on texmacs. Isn't it a bug
when one package just duplicates stuff that is already shipped by another
package?

-Ralf.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Alexander Reichle-Schmehl

Hi!

Am 02.08.2012 09:37, schrieb Alexander Reichle-Schmehl:
> Usualleyreportbig ftp.debian.org should dop the trick.

That should have been: 'usually running "reportbug ftp.debian.org" ...'-

Best regards,
Alexander (and Clara)