Old 07-21-2012, 08:49 PM
Filipus Klutiero

Default Communication of the technical committee's decisions ( Resolution of node/nodejs conflict)

Russ Allbery wrote:

Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> writes:

> I believe the reason for targeting -announce as well was the initial
> part about a more general principle, preserved in my quoting above,
> which IMO does relate to all Debian developers in general.

Well, more generally, I think we should announce all formal decisions
somewhere.

The committee's decisions are already listed on
http://www.debian.org/devel/tech-ctte.en.html#status

Of course, some may want to subscribe to decisions and receive
decisions immediately. debian-ctte seems appropriate for that. If
not, I for one have nothing against announcing all decisions on
debian-devel too.

If people feel like they're noise on debian-devel-announce,
I'm delighted, since that means we're making enough decisions for it to be
noticable traffic. Part of the goal, from my perspective, for sending
out a notice of decisions for a while is to make people aware that the
tech-ctte is here and is making decisions.

The technical committee is not new and I believe people are aware
enough of its existence. If not, the solution is not making regular
noise about it, but to increase its proeminence on the website.

There's also a risk that making too much publicity for decisions
creates the impression that the committee is, on the contrary, not
making enough decisions, but trying to hide that.