Old 07-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Vincent Lefevre

Default Have NetworkManager disabled by default when... (was: Recommends for metapackages)

On 2012-07-14 22:59:35 +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> Due to those drawbacks, I've wondered why people don't just disable
> NetworkManager on their system instead of bothering with workarounds
> like the above or dpkg -P --force-depends and similar.

Sorry for being late in the discussion. I also think that having
NetworkManager disabled for those who do not want to use it is
a good solution. But I think that if other network configuration
packages (ifupdown, wicd) are already used when network-manager
is being installed, NetworkManager should be disabled by default,
or the choice should be given to the user after telling him what
is currently used.