Old 07-16-2012, 08:49 PM
Cyril Brulebois

Default Using FreeDesktop MIME entries directly in mime-support ( Fixing the mime horror ini Debian).

Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> (16/07/2012):
> If nobody else volunteers, I propose to start a maintenance group for
> the mime-support package, that I would store in a Git repository on
> Alioth's collab-maint group.

I think that's a perfect use case for collab-maint.

László, do you really need a dedicated group for that?

Mraw,
KiBi.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:29 PM
"Laszlo Boszormenyi (GCS)"

Hi Cyril,

On Mon, 2012-07-16 at 22:49 +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> (16/07/2012):
> > If nobody else volunteers, I propose to start a maintenance group for
> > the mime-support package, that I would store in a Git repository on
> > Alioth's collab-maint group.
Just for the record, Charles has an advanced knowledge regarding MIME
in general. Hope we can work together.

> I think that's a perfect use case for collab-maint.
> László, do you really need a dedicated group for that?
My intention was to limit people who can commit to mime-support. It
seems there are multiple viewpoints for example about
application/x-httpd-* types. One may do more harm with a commit if not
consulted by a group of more advanced people.
But I'm fine with normal collab-maint as well if you and Charles would
like that.

Cheers,
Laszlo/GCS

Old 07-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Cyril Brulebois

Laszlo Boszormenyi (GCS) <gcs@debian.org> (16/07/2012):
> > I think that's a perfect use case for collab-maint. László, do you
> > really need a dedicated group for that?
> My intention was to limit people who can commit to mime-support. It
> seems there are multiple viewpoints for example about
> application/x-httpd-* types. One may do more harm with a commit if not
> consulted by a group of more advanced people. But I'm fine with normal
> collab-maint as well if you and Charles would like that.

As someone processing alioth-related requests, I would find it nice to
use collab-maint for such projects; but I'm willing to hear about
arguments against that.

As a random developer, I would really hate to see people fight through
commits. In case that would happen, I think that can be fixed, IIRC
collab-maint has some abuse clauses or something similar.

(IOW: I'm not convinced you need a dedicated group; quite the contrary.)

Mraw,
KiBi.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:48 PM
"Laszlo Boszormenyi (GCS)"

On Mon, 2012-07-16 at 23:35 +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Laszlo Boszormenyi (GCS) <gcs@debian.org> (16/07/2012):
> > My intention was to limit people who can commit to mime-support. It
> > seems there are multiple viewpoints for example about
> > application/x-httpd-* types. One may do more harm with a commit if not
> > consulted by a group of more advanced people. But I'm fine with normal
> > collab-maint as well if you and Charles would like that.
>
> As someone processing alioth-related requests, I would find it nice to
> use collab-maint for such projects; but I'm willing to hear about
> arguments against that.
>
> As a random developer, I would really hate to see people fight through
> commits. In case that would happen, I think that can be fixed, IIRC
> collab-maint has some abuse clauses or something similar.
>
> (IOW: I'm not convinced you need a dedicated group; quite the contrary.)
I already wrote my reason and that a normal collab-maint place is fine
with me. So I just need to login to git.debian.org and create a
repository under /git/collab-maint/ right?

Charles, I would add myself as Maintainer and you as an uploader or the
vica-versa whichever suits you better. Is this OK with you?

Regards,
Laszlo/GCS