Old 07-13-2012, 09:13 AM
Norbert Preining

Default Fixing the mime horror ini Debian

Hi everyone,

can we somehome make $subject a target for the *next* release?
It is ridiculous that it is in fact completely arbitrary what
program is used to open files. Currently in my gnome-shell
pdfs are opened with a file-manager, as well as .txt files, as
well as anything.

That is when using xdg-open or gnome-open of gvfs-open.
When I try see, in contrast the funny okular from KDE
is started, together with these very useful services of KDE.

So maybe someone can explain what are the problems, that these
things are simply not fixd. Cannot be so complicated, right?

Best wishes

Norbert
Norbert Preining preining@{jaist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org}
JAIST, Japan TeX Live & Debian Developer
DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094