Old 04-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Marc Haber

Default exim, local resolver, host name lookups and IPv6

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 16:41:26 +0200, Marc Haber
<mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> wrote:
>To avoid the extra DNS lookups, the Exim packages have a Debconf
>option to configure exim for "minimal DNS usage", which hardcodes the
>hostname into Exim's configuration at package configuration time.

... which silently doesn't happen if hostname --fqdn does not return a
fully qualified name (#476249).

I am inclined to solve this issue by having update-exim4.conf print a
warning if hostname --fqdn does only return a single-component name
and leave the rest to the local admin.

This being said, I think this thread is moot since my entire
assumption about the IPv6 business was wrong in the first place, there
does seem nothing to be fixed.

Greetings
Marc

Marc Haber | " Questions are the | Mailadresse im Header
Mannheim, Germany | Beginning of Wisdom " | http://www.zugschlus.de/