Old 07-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Aron Xu

Default scim: problems with libclutter-imcontext*

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 8:28 PM, Toni Mueller <toni@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> while working on scim, we found that there's a problem that appears to stem from
> libclutter-imcontetext-0.1-dev apparently not being multi-arch'ed. I quote from
> an email by Tz-Huan:
>

> ------------------ cut
> The scim try to figure out the module directory of clutter-imcontext
> in these ways:
>
> * search clutter-libdir via `$PKG_CONFIG --variable=libdir
> clutter-imcontext-0.1`,
> if it successes, set the module directory to
> $clutter-libdir/clutter-imcontext/immodules
> * otherwise, set the module directory to $libdir/clutter-imcontext/immodules
> (libdir is passed when running configure script, so it should be
> /usr/lib/${MULTI_ARCH_PATH}
> in debian).
>
> In testing, libclutter-imcontext-0.1-dev doesn't multi-archified itself
> (http://packages.debian.org/testing/i386/libclutter-imcontext-0.1-dev/filelist),
> so scim get "/usr/lib" from the first step (pkg-config way) and set
> the module directory to
> /usr/lib/clutter-imcontext/immodules.
>
> However, libclutter-imcontext-0.1-dev does multi-archified in sid
> (http://packages.debian.org/sid/i386/libclutter-imcontext-0.1-dev/filelist)
> so scim get "/usr/lib/${MULTI_ARCH_PATH}" from pkg-config and set the module
> directory to /usr/lib/${MULTI_ARCH_PATH}/clutter-imcontext/immodules.
> ------------------ cut
>
> What would be the preferred way to solve this problem, please?
>
> TIA!
>

> Kind regards,
> --Toni++

Short answer is: wait.

clutter-imcontext package was uploaded to unstable at Jun 28, so it's
not blocked by freeze. Just wait until it migrate to testing then
everything will be fine. If your package haven't been uploaded now,
then you don't need to bother with this issue because it will need
more time to migrate unless release team guaranteeing they will
unblock _and_ force its migration as soon as you upload, which is
almost impossible to happen.

Aron Xu