Old 07-05-2012, 04:45 AM
Miles Bader

Default Concerns and Challenges of Squeeze and Ongoing Elements

Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> writes:
> I do not think there is much trolling. We need to discuss issues
> openly.

It certainly _resembles_ a classic troll: long and vaguely insulting
(under a surface veneer of politeness), yet curiously vague and
information-free, despite its length, and ending with "I'm giving up
on Debian." When pushed for details (in a later message), he says
"I'm too busy to file bug reports."

There are certainly valid complaints about Debian (and have been for
every release), but people who are really trying to give constructive
criticism almost always seem to act very differently: they complain
about specific problems, in at least enough detail that people know
what they're talking about.

Even if the OP didn't actually intend to troll, somebody who does
nothing other than make vague insinuations and refuses to provide
details simply isn't a very useful part of any conversation whose goal
is to make things better...

-miles

--
Opposition, n. In politics the party that prevents the Goverment from running
amok by hamstringing it.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:16 AM
Chris Bannister

On Wed, Jul 04, 2012 at 12:10:18AM -0400, John L. Males wrote:

> Modified Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.3 (squeeze)
> Planning, Upgrade, Modifications from Highly modified
> Debian 4.x Etch

And you upgraded to Lenny, then Squeeze finding more problems on
each upgrade?

I think If you approached debian-user@lists.debian.org with your
concerns, an individual email per concern, would be more constructive.

Just my 2c.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X