Old 06-27-2012, 10:47 PM
Andrew Shadura

Default Add upstream VCS info to control file

Hello,

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 17:30:51 -0400
James McCoy <jamessan@debian.org> wrote:

> Since devscripts 2.11.7, you can do this:

> Vcs-Git: git://anonscm.debian.org/anonscm.debian.org/openstack/nova.git -b debian/unstable

> I thought the patch that added that also updated the documentation,
> but it looks like documentation still needs to be added.

I wonder why not use #-syntax, just like hg does:

Vcs-Qux: quux://host.org/path/to/repo#debian/unstable

--
WBR, Andrew

Old 06-27-2012, 11:40 PM
Paul Wise

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Andrew Shadura wrote:

> I wonder why not use #-syntax, just like hg does:
>
> Vcs-Qux: quux://host.org/path/to/repo#debian/unstable

git does not support that, seems it doesn't know about the # character:

$ git clone 'git://anonscm.debian.org/anonscm.debian.org/openstack/nova.git#debian/unstable'
Cloning into 'unstable'...

bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise