Old 06-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Philip Ashmore

Default Debian BSP, Dublin, Ireland

Hi there.

I would like to invite you to the Doodle poll "Debian BSP, Dublin, Ireland".

I've pencilled the weekends in July initially, unless there are
compelling reasons for a different month.

I haven't decided on a location yet as it is subject to sponsorship
and/or space donation.

Please follow the link in order to participate in the poll:
http://www.doodle.com/qmiu7fp73g2i3xet

Regards,
Philip Ashmore

Old 06-25-2012, 10:50 PM
Philip Ashmore

I would like to invite you to the Doodle poll "Debian BSP, Dublin,
Ireland".

I've pencilled the weekends in July initially, unless there are
compelling reasons for a different month.

I haven't decided on a location yet as it is subject to sponsorship
and/or space donation.

Please follow the link in order to participate in the poll:
http://www.doodle.com/qmiu7fp73g2i3xet

you might want to send that email also (or exclusively) to
debian-events-eu@lists.debian.org ; There might be people interested
that are not subscribed to debian-devel and as debian-events-eu is the
"right" list, you might have more luck over there.

Cheers,

Mika

Hi there.

I wasn't subscribed to that list, so I wouldn't have known about the
event if someone else had posted it.

I don't remember reading about where to post a BSP - where does one look
this stuff up?

Sounds like someone needs to write an "interfacing with Debian" app.
The first thing I'd like the app to be able to do is to list what
lists@debian.org I'm subscribed to.

Thanks for the heads up!

Regards,
Philip Ashmore

Old 06-26-2012, 05:18 AM
Philip Ashmore

Hi there.

I've got a Samsung NP-RF711-S07UK laptop - it's so new that Samsungs own
website doesn't list it.

Here's a link with product specs:
http://www.elaraonline.co.uk/productdetail.aspx?productcode=ECE2391461

Anyway, it's got back-light+hot-keys+fan control issues.
It turns out that even the latest kernel linux-3.5-rc4 doesn't have a
DMI table entry for it in drivers/platform/x86/samsung-laptop.c.

# dmidecode -s system-product-name
RF511/RF411/RF711

It would be great if any kernel developers could be present at the BSP -
it's a great laptop and sorting out support for it would be a sweet bug
to fix.

Regards,
Philip Ashmore

Old 06-26-2012, 07:31 AM
Luca Capello

Hi there!

On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 00:03:13 +0200, Philip Ashmore wrote:
> I would like to invite you to the Doodle poll "Debian BSP, Dublin, Ireland".

organize Debian Events and not spawn debian-devel@? And please send a
notice to events@d.o with all the relevant information once everything
is settled.

I just realized that the BSP wiki page does not advertise that, fixed:

<https://wiki.debian.org/BSP?action=diff&rev2=349&rev1=348>

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

PS, I know that you were already redirected to debian-events-eu@, but