-   -   Use of the "general" and "base" packages ( general: after about 1 month...) (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/677078-use-general-base-packages-general-after-about-1-month.html)

Jonathan Nieder 06-25-2012 08:05 PM

Use of the "general" and "base" packages ( general: after about 1 month...)

Hi Holger,

Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Sonntag, 24. Juni 2012, Jonathan Nieder wrote:

>> retitle 678519 after about a month, routing gets wedged
>> # not a general problem affecting a large portion of the archive
>> reassign 678519 base
>
> reassigning bugs from general to base is pretty useless, as both pseudo-
> packages bugs are "maintained" by the same persons...
>
> Basically the base-pseudo package is pretty useless as well, all it's
> (current) bugs should probabyl be carefully assigned to the kernel, for
> #678519 I just wasnt sure yet if its really a kernel or user configuration
> problem...
>
> The general pseudo-package has some approriate bugs OTOH.
>
> But mostly bugs filed against those two pseudo-packages really need to be
> assigned to a real package.

I figured the discussion of which package is resposible was more on
topic for virtual-pkg-base-maintainers@ than debian-devel@. Though I
could easily be wrong.

In any event, I reassigned the bug to the kernel a few minutes later.

Hoping that clarifies,
Jonathan