Old 06-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Josselin Mouette

Default Really? Again?

Oooh, NM bashing. I like completely irrelevant NM bashing that suddenly
pops in an unrelated discussion. It’s been some time.

Reading NM bashing really makes me want to jump on my packages and
cripple their functionality so that they work with inferior networking
scripts.

kthxbye,
--
.'`. Josselin Mouette
: :' :

Old 06-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Adam Borowski

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 12:14:46AM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Oooh, NM bashing. I like completely irrelevant NM bashing that suddenly
> pops in an unrelated discussion. It’s been some time.
>
> Reading NM bashing really makes me want to jump on my packages and
> cripple their functionality so that they work with inferior networking
> scripts.

Stress on "so that they work".

Unless NM ever gets parity with ifupdown, or at least can be reasonably
disabled, a hard-dependency makes a window manager outright useless, for
technical rather than UI preference reasons.

Debian has "recommends" specifically for such cases.

--
I was born an ugly, dumb and work-loving child, then an evil midwife
replaced me in the crib.