FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-23-2012, 10:55 AM
Vincent Bernat
 
Default "could not perform immediate configuration"

Hi!

I have a problem with one of my packages and I am unable to see the
beginning of a solution for it. The bug report is here:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=677803

In Squeeze, `roundcube` depends on `roundcube-core` which depends on
`roundcube-sqlite | roundcube-mysql | roundcube-pgsql`. Each of those
packages depends on the appropriate PHP package and client for the given
database.

When upgrading to Wheezy, I have:

#v+
E: Could not perform immediate configuration on
'roundcube-mysql'. Please see man 5 apt.conf under
APT::Immediate-Configure for details. (2)
#v-

The manual page does not help me. There is no circular dependency and
the priority of packages is "extra".

The change between Wheezy and Squeeze is that roundcube-sqlite package
has been dropped. `roundcube-core` now depends on `roundcube-mysql |
roundcube-pgsql`. I suppose this is why I get the error but I don't know
how to solve it.

I was suggested to turn `roundcube-sqlite` into some kind of
transitional package. But it seems difficult for me to choose between
`roundcube-mysql` and `roundcube-sqlite`. And it does not explain why
APT does not know how to handle this. A conflict with `roundcube-sqlite`
may work but is it sane to add "Conflicts" for this?
--
printk(KERN_WARNING "%s: Short circuit detected on the lobe
",
dev->name);
2.4.0-test2 /usr/src/linux/drivers/net/tokenring/lanstreamer.c
 
Old 06-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Jonas Smedegaard
 
Default "could not perform immediate configuration"

On 12-06-23 at 12:55pm, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> I have a problem with one of my packages and I am unable to see the
> beginning of a solution for it. The bug report is here:
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=677803
>
> In Squeeze, `roundcube` depends on `roundcube-core` which depends on
> `roundcube-sqlite | roundcube-mysql | roundcube-pgsql`. Each of those
> packages depends on the appropriate PHP package and client for the
> given database.
>
> When upgrading to Wheezy, I have:
>
> #v+
> E: Could not perform immediate configuration on
> 'roundcube-mysql'. Please see man 5 apt.conf under
> APT::Immediate-Configure for details. (2)
> #v-
>
> The manual page does not help me. There is no circular dependency and
> the priority of packages is "extra".
>
> The change between Wheezy and Squeeze is that roundcube-sqlite package
> has been dropped. `roundcube-core` now depends on `roundcube-mysql |
> roundcube-pgsql`. I suppose this is why I get the error but I don't
> know how to solve it.
>
> I was suggested to turn `roundcube-sqlite` into some kind of
> transitional package. But it seems difficult for me to choose between
> `roundcube-mysql` and `roundcube-sqlite`. And it does not explain why
> APT does not know how to handle this. A conflict with
> `roundcube-sqlite` may work but is it sane to add "Conflicts" for
> this?

Sounds like similar problem I have with initial install of
buddycloud-server. It seems to me it is a problem related to
dbconfig-common - if both my package and dbconfig-common and dependent
database package is installed in same batch then my package may be
configured before the others and fail.

I cannot see other solution than pre-depending on dbconfig-common and
database package - which is ugly.


- Jonas

--
* Jonas Smedegaard - idealist & Internet-arkitekt
* Tlf.: +45 40843136 Website: http://dr.jones.dk/

[x] quote me freely [ ] ask before reusing [ ] keep private
 
Old 06-23-2012, 04:23 PM
Andreas Beckmann
 
Default "could not perform immediate configuration"

On 2012-06-23 12:55, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> I was suggested to turn `roundcube-sqlite` into some kind of
> transitional package. But it seems difficult for me to choose between
> `roundcube-mysql` and `roundcube-sqlite`. And it does not explain why
> APT does not know how to handle this.

This should be working in apt in wheezy (I didn't verify it), but that
is not available at dist-upgrade time.

> A conflict with `roundcube-sqlite`
> may work but is it sane to add "Conflicts" for this?

I just tested Breaks and Conflicts with roundcube-sqlite (in the end
added them to all binary packages built from roundcube source), this
does not help at all (it could influence apt to prefer the decision to
remove roundcube-sqlite, but that was its intention from the very
beginning). (And I also suggested to add Breaks in another bug report
(#677403) for a different Package (gdal) to make a conflict explicit
which could be derived previously by following a chain of several
packages ...)

On the other hand, adding the following transitional package:

Package: roundcube-sqlite
Architecture: all
Depends: roundcube-mysql | roundcube-pgsql
Description: transitional dummy package to aid upgrades
"Transitional packages are your friend, conflicts are not" D.K.
Closes: #677803

solves the problem.

Andreas


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4FE5ED6E.30300@abeckmann.de">http://lists.debian.org/4FE5ED6E.30300@abeckmann.de
 
Old 06-24-2012, 01:50 PM
David Kalnischkies
 
Default "could not perform immediate configuration"

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 6:23 PM, Andreas Beckmann <debian@abeckmann.de> wrote:
> On 2012-06-23 12:55, Vincent Bernat wrote:
>> I was suggested to turn `roundcube-sqlite` into some kind of
>> transitional package. But it seems difficult for me to choose between
>> `roundcube-mysql` and `roundcube-sqlite`. And it does not explain why
>> APT does not know how to handle this.
>
> This should be working in apt in wheezy (I didn't verify it), but that
> is not available at dist-upgrade time.

I can't reproduce this in either version with our usual testcase creator
(apt/test/integration/create-test-data), but these testcases aren't exactly
what helps here, so it's kind of expected. If you want a definite answer
attaching a real /var/lib/dpkg/status to the bugreport should help.

[In general, as this might come up more often in the next weeks]
It can be feed to APT with the -o dir::state::status=/path/file option.
Simulation might not catch everything and the ordering is done after
the download, so you have to download the packages and display
instead of calling dpkg ( -o Debug:kgDpkgPm=1 ).
[In apt/wheezy you can skip downloading with
-o Debug:kgAcqArchive::NoQueue=1 ]
Beware that this still runs configured hooks, so you might as well
just try it in a chroot or have a look at apt/test/integration/framework
how it setups up APT and dpkg -- of course, you can just as well
try to write a testcase, it's not that hard - but I am drifting off.

Semi-Offtopic: Interesting options for resolver debugging are:
-o Debug:kgProblemResolver=1 # printing evaluated one-on-one fights
-o Debug:kgDepCache::Marker=1 # Mark{Install,Delete,Keep} calls
-o Debug:gkDepCache::AutoInstall=1 # dependency resolution


Back at the problem at hand:
I think it is more a problem of the tree below roundcube-*:
php-mdb2-driver-sqlite is dropped from wheezy, too
(which btw has still horde3 and ansel1 as rev-depends in or-groups).
php5-sqlite breaks roundcube-sqlite, so different roundcube-*sql*
packages can't co-exist.

Not sure why exactly that should be a problem, but a transitional
package probably doesn't hurt.
[Haven't looked too deeply into it as neither time nor data plan allows
it though, so I reserve the right to change my mind any minute]


> On the other hand, adding the following transitional package:
[…]
> ¬*"Transitional packages are your friend, conflicts are not" D.K.

I would be delighted by the quote, if I wouldn't be a bit embarrassed
that this comes from a mail I am not particular proud of …
Internet, "thou art a heartless bitch" (sometimes).
(or instead of blaming the web, simply don't write mails in a bad mood)


Best regards

David Kalnischkies


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/CAAZ6_fAQRKjffGs=EPzcC=2_Wa9-mo3mXWyW5WD8zfbmSAFh-Q@mail.gmail.com
 
Old 06-24-2012, 03:01 PM
Vincent Bernat
 
Default "could not perform immediate configuration"

‚̶ 24 juin 2012 15:50 CEST, David Kalnischkies <kalnischkies@gmail.com>¬*:

>> This should be working in apt in wheezy (I didn't verify it), but that
>> is not available at dist-upgrade time.
>
> I can't reproduce this in either version with our usual testcase creator
> (apt/test/integration/create-test-data), but these testcases aren't exactly
> what helps here, so it's kind of expected. If you want a definite answer
> attaching a real /var/lib/dpkg/status to the bugreport should help.
[...]

> Back at the problem at hand:
> I think it is more a problem of the tree below roundcube-*:
> php-mdb2-driver-sqlite is dropped from wheezy, too
> (which btw has still horde3 and ansel1 as rev-depends in or-groups).
> php5-sqlite breaks roundcube-sqlite, so different roundcube-*sql*
> packages can't co-exist.
>
> Not sure why exactly that should be a problem, but a transitional
> package probably doesn't hurt.
> [Haven't looked too deeply into it as neither time nor data plan allows
> it though, so I reserve the right to change my mind any minute]

I have uploaded a new version with roundcube-sqlite as a transitional
package. This seems to solve the problem. I don't have time to dig more
and since you don't have time either, this seems a good match. ;-)

Hopefully, the Breaks in php5-sqlite is versioned.
--
Don't over-comment.
- The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plauger)
 
Old 06-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Tanguy Ortolo
 
Default "could not perform immediate configuration"

Vincent Bernat, 2012-06-23 12:55+0200:
> The change between Wheezy and Squeeze is that roundcube-sqlite package
> has been dropped.

Any specific reason for that? Looking at the upstream website, they do
not seem to have dropped SQLite compatibility…

--
,--.
: /` ) Tanguy Ortolo <xmpp:tanguy@ortolo.eu> <irc://irc.oftc.net/Tanguy>
| `-' Debian Developer
\_


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/js9li4$sc$2@dough.gmane.org
 
Old 06-25-2012, 05:50 PM
Vincent Bernat
 
Default "could not perform immediate configuration"

‚̶ 25 juin 2012 14:28 CEST, Tanguy Ortolo <tanguy+debian@ortolo.eu>¬*:

>> The change between Wheezy and Squeeze is that roundcube-sqlite package
>> has been dropped.
>
> Any specific reason for that? Looking at the upstream website, they do
> not seem to have dropped SQLite compatibility…

PHP doesn't have support for SQLite 2.x in Debian anymore.
--
#if 0
2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/fs/buffer.c
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:19 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org