Old 06-23-2012, 02:17 AM
Dmitrijs Ledkovs

Default MIA ping Jürgen Rinas (sinfo)

Dear all,

sinfo package is not RC, but it hasn't been updated in a while.

Jürgen Rinas or Gaudenz Steinlin do you intend to continue maintaining it?

Dmitrijs.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:47 AM
Gaudenz Steinlin

Hi Dimitrijs

> sinfo package is not RC, but it hasn't been updated in a while.
>
> Jürgen Rinas or Gaudenz Steinlin do you intend to continue maintaining it?

Thanks for the heads up. Jürgen do you still intend to maintain sinfo in
Debian? The last contact we had was quite some time ago and back then
you were still interested. I can do an occasional update, but as I'm no
longer using it myself I won't do too much (especially if there are no
bugs reported). If someone wants to fill my role as sponsor and
occasional co-maintainer just contact me. I'm happy to hand this over to
more interested parties.

Gaudenz

Dmitrijs Ledkovs <xnox@debian.org> writes:

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:53 PM
Dmitrijs Ledkovs

On 23/06/12 07:47, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:

> Hi Dimitrijs
>>
>> sinfo package is not RC, but it hasn't been updated in a while.
>>
>> Jürgen Rinas or Gaudenz Steinlin do you intend to continue maintaining it?
>
> Thanks for the heads up. Jürgen do you still intend to maintain sinfo in
> Debian? The last contact we had was quite some time ago and back then
> you were still interested. I can do an occasional update, but as I'm no
> longer using it myself I won't do too much (especially if there are no
> bugs reported). If someone wants to fill my role as sponsor and
> occasional co-maintainer just contact me. I'm happy to hand this over to
> more interested parties.

This package came up:
* FTBFS with ld --as-needed http://bugs.debian.org/638598
Fixed in ubuntu, patch submitted to debian
* NMU FTBFS with gcc 4.7 (0.0.42-1.1)
Fixed by doko, merged in ubuntu by me for boost1.49 transition.

I would appreciate if fix for #638598 is uploaded into debian, then the
package would be in sync in ubuntu.

There is a new upstream release.

After that, let's find a maintainer for this package: Jürgen,
RFA/someone new, orphan...

At least if it's orphaned people, QA uploads can be done.

Dmitrijs.