Old 06-21-2012, 09:51 AM
Andreas Kapp

Default Bits from the Release Team: Final countdown!

unsubscribe

Old 06-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Agustin Martin

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 10:16:07AM +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We know no-one likes reading long mails on d-d-a, so we'll keep this
> short: we'll be stopping automatic migrations of packages from unstable
> to testing - aka freezing - on June 30th.
>
> Any packages in unstable before the 19:52 dinstall begins on that day
> will be given automatic freeze exceptions (for the specific version in
> unstable).
>
> As with the Squeeze freeze the process will be gradual, with a more
> liberal acceptance policy in the earlier stages. Precise details as to
> what that means will be available soon.

Hi,

Thanks for the info. One minor question,

Will stuff already in the NEW queue not being really new packages (I mean
things like source or binary package renames) be given some special
consideration regarding the freeze?

Agustin

Old 06-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Neil McGovern

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 06:04:20PM +0200, Agustin Martin wrote:
> Will stuff already in the NEW queue not being really new packages (I mean
> things like source or binary package renames) be given some special
> consideration regarding the freeze?

Hi,

Anything in the NEW queue will not count towards the unblock. If it's
necessary for an rc fix, explain that to us, otherwise it's probably not
going to make it.

Neil