Old 06-18-2012, 09:28 AM
Andrew Shadura

Default ifupdown should provide a way to disable interfaces configuration

Package: ifupdown

Hello,

On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 09:53:49 +0200
Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:

> Let's stop the mutual accusation part of this thread.

> To avoid similar issues to arise again in the future, I wonder, would
> it be feasible to implement something like Joss mentioned, i.e. some
> sort of ifupdown blessed mechanism to enable/disable interfaces? The
> need of doing so exists, NM is an example of that. Enabling people to
> do so without _having_ to rely on text file fiddling would be an
> improvement over the status quo.

I guess that can be done. The question is what exactly would be cool to
have: just ability to black-list some interfaces, or ability to skip
calling ifup/ifdown at boot time at all? Or, probably, both?

--
WBR, Andrew