* Package name : softiwarp-kernel
Version : ??
Upstream Author : Bernard Metzler <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : https://gitorious.org/softiwarp/kernel
* License : GPL-2 or BSD
Programming Lang: C
Description : Soft-iWARP kernel module implementing iWARP on top of tcp kernel sockets
A software-based iWARP stack that runs at reasonable performance levels and
seamlessly fits into the OFA RDMA environment provides several benefits:
- As a generic (RNIC-independent) iWARP device driver, it immediately
enables RDMA services on all systems with conventional Ethernet adapters,
which do not provide RDMA hardware support.
- Soft-iWARP can be an intermediate step when migrating applications and
systems to RDMA APIs and OpenFabrics.
- Soft-iWARP can be a reasonable solution for client systems, allowing
RNIC-equipped peers/servers to enjoy the full benefits of RDMA
- Soft-iWARP seamlessly supports direct as well as asynchronous
transmission with multiple outstanding work requests and RDMA operations.
- A software-based iWARP stack may flexibly employ any available hardware
assists for performance-critical operations such as MPA CRC checksum
calculation and direct data placement. The resulting performance levels
may approach those of a fully offloaded iWARP stack.
This is the kernel module that can be used by the userspace library libsiw.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com
Archive: firstname.lastname@example.org ocal">http://email@example.com ocal