Old 05-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Luca Falavigna

Default Packages still in experimental but removed in unstable

Hi,

I generated a list of source packages which have been removed from
unstable, but are still kept into experimental for some reason. I
excluded those which seem maintained, and generated a dd-list of the
remaining ones. I will file removal bugs for them within the end of
June if nobody claims they should be kept around.

Albin Tonnerre <lutin@debian.org>
python-ecore (U)
python-evas (U)

Charles Fry <cfry@debian.org>
libjgrapht-java (U)

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>
xserver-xorg-video-v4l (U)

David Nusinow <dnusinow@debian.org>
xserver-xorg-video-v4l (U)

Debian freesmartphone.org Team <pkg-fso-maint@lists.alioth.debian.org>
zhone

Debian Java Maintainers <pkg-java-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
libjgrapht-java

Debian Pkg-e Team <pkg-e-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
python-ecore
python-evas

Debian X Strike Force <debian-x@lists.debian.org>
xserver-xorg-video-v4l

Guido Günther <agx@sigxcpu.org>
iceowl

Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org>
re2 (U)

Jan Lübbe <jluebbe@debian.org>
python-ecore (U)
python-evas (U)

Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org>
zhone (U)

Luca Capello <luca@pca.it>
zhone (U)

Marc Haber <mh+debian-packages@zugschlus.de>
rageircd

Michael Koch <konqueror@gmx.de>
libjgrapht-java (U)

Nikita V. Youshchenko <yoush@debian.org>
zhone (U)

Simon Richter <sjr@debian.org>
misdn-kernel
misdn-user

Stefano Rivera <stefanor@debian.org>
re2

Steffen Moeller <moeller@debian.org>
libjgrapht-java (U)

Thierry Randrianiriana <randrianiriana@gmail.com>
qpopper

Timo Jyrinki <timo@debian.org>
zhone (U)

Cheers,
Luca

Old 05-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Julien Cristau

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 12:09:53 +0200, Luca Falavigna wrote:

> Debian X Strike Force <debian-x@lists.debian.org>
> xserver-xorg-video-v4l

This should be kept around, and a newer version uploaded to unstable.

Cheers,
Julien

Old 05-27-2012, 02:18 AM
"Stefan Lippers-Hollmann"

Hi

On Sunday 27 May 2012, Luca Falavigna wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I generated a list of source packages which have been removed from
> unstable, but are still kept into experimental for some reason. I
> excluded those which seem maintained, and generated a dd-list of the
> remaining ones. I will file removal bugs for them within the end of
> June if nobody claims they should be kept around.
[…]
> Simon Richter <sjr@debian.org>
> misdn-kernel

This package is obsolete, mISDN has been merged into the mainline
kernel in 2.6.27 (and it's close to imposssible that this ancient
version still compiles against a kernel from squeeze or wheezy).

> misdn-user
[…]

To work with the final in-kernel mISDN subsystem, an update to
mISDNuser >= 2.x would be required[1], as the userspace API of the
mISDN kernel subsystem has changed to a socket based one before it
could get merged mainline. While it might make sense to update/
overhaul this package for unstable, the current version in experimental
definately can't work with anything newer than lenny.

Disclaimer: I can't speak for the maintainer and haven't actually
tested mISDN in a long time.

Regards
Stefan Lippers-Hollmann

[1] http://www.misdn.org/index.php/MISDN_Release_Notes