Old 05-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Michael Stummvoll

Default I just broke the bts (Fw: /bin/htpasswd exists in apache2-utils ans mini-httpd)

Hi there,

this Bugreport (see below) seems to break the bts [1]
just for the record.

kind regards,
Michael

Beginn der weitergeleiteten Nachricht:

Datum: Fri, 25 May 2012 09:22:18 +0200
Von: Michael Stummvoll <michael@stummi.org>
An: submit@bugs.debian.org

Package: mini-httpd,apache2-utils
Severity: normal

Dear Maintainers,

two different binaries with the same name /bin/htpasswd are provided by
apache2 and mini-httpd.
If you install mini-httpd after apache2 the htpasswd from mini-httpd
will override the file from apache2.
The file from apache2 is downward-compatible to the from mini-httpd.
This means it provides all the options like mini-httpd, but mini-httpd
does not provide all options from apache2. So it doesn't make any sense
the the htpasswd from mini-httpd overrides that from apache2.
I think thats a bug. It could be resolved by let the packages conflict
or let mini-httpd provide something like mini-htpasswd (which could get
linked to htpasswd as long as apache2 does not exists)

kind regards,
Michael Stummvoll