Old 05-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Alain SAURAT

Default 'php5-suhosin' is missing for wheezy

Hello,

This package is only avaible for squeeze and sid, is it normal ?

I have dist-upgrade my server from squeeze to wheezy and my php
won't run and send a lot of mail via cron to me.

Like this:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php5/20100525+lfs/suhosin.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20100525+lfs/
suho'in.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in
Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php5/20100525+lfs/suhosin.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20100525+lfs/
suho'in.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in
Unknown on line 0

I suppose the version 0.9.33-1 is the uptodate version for wheezy, so can I dw it and install it with dpkg ???

thanks, Alain

Old 05-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Cyril Brulebois

Alain SAURAT <maisondouf@yahoo.fr> (19/05/2012):
> This package is only avaible for squeeze and sid, is it normal ?

Yes, see:
http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/php-suhosin/news/20120320T163911Z.html

> I have dist-upgrade my server from squeeze to wheezy and my php
> won't run and send a lot of mail via cron to me.

Blind dist-upgrades, bad idea.

Mraw,
KiBi.

Old 05-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Christoph Anton Mitterer

Hi...

On Sat, 2012-05-19 at 15:10 +0200, Alain SAURAT wrote:
> This package is only avaible for squeeze and sid, is it normal ?
In addition to what Cyril already mentioned, see also

Cheers,
Chris.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Thomas Goirand

On 05/20/2012 01:29 AM, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> Hi...
>

> On Sat, 2012-05-19 at 15:10 +0200, Alain SAURAT wrote:
>
>> This package is only avaible for squeeze and sid, is it normal ?
>>
> In addition to what Cyril already mentioned, see also
>
> Cheers,
> Chris.

And in addition to that, the Suhosin patch and module are available
for php 5.4 since only few days/weeks, so it's not surprising that
it's not in testing.

I'm not sure what will be the final decision with suhosin though...
Of course, more contributors to the PHP packaging would help!

Thomas

Old 05-21-2012, 01:06 AM
Christoph Anton Mitterer

On Sun, 2012-05-20 at 19:26 +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> And in addition to that, the Suhosin patch and module are available
> for php 5.4 since only few days/weeks, so it's not surprising that
> it's not in testing.
The earlier we see them in Debian the better, even if the current
suhosin version does not yet handle all new fields of 5.4 ... better
secure just (the old) parts,.. than nothing at all...

> I'm not sure what will be the final decision with suhosin though...
Well I fear it is to not include it anymore... which is very sad, given
the many critical holes PHP suffered from recently.

> Of course, more contributors to the PHP packaging would help!
Would surely be good =)

Cheers,
Chris.