Old 04-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Petter Reinholdtsen

Default Adding init.d dependencies mostly done, next step is testing

[Lucas Nussbaum]
>> updated to document that such headers should be included, and a text
> ^^^^^^ must?
I am all for requiring it, yes.

>> It would be useful to check
>> automatically all init.d scripts in the archive for dependency loops,
>> perhaps regularly.
>
> How do you do that currently? Couldn't you use the lintian lab in
> gluck:/org/lintian.debian.org/laboratory/ for that?

So far, I have discovered loop using testing or reports from others
doing testing, and then figured out how to resolve them by looking at
the dependency graph generated by
/usr/share/insserv/check-initd-order. I have nod been able to look at
automatic checking so far.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen