Old 04-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Michal Čihař

Default uscan download URL mangling

Hi

I'm trying to construct watch file for python-mpd. It can be downloaded
here: http://pypi.python.org/simple/python-mpd/, but the download URL
contains #md5=... part, which I would like to be removed when uscan
downloads the tarball. Is there some way to do this?

I currently have following, but it does not seem to work and the #md5=
is not removed.

opts="downloadurlmangle=s/#.*//"
http://pypi.python.org/simple/python-mpd/
http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/p/python-mpd/python-mpd-(.*).tar.gz#.*

Any ideas how to make this?

Old 04-07-2008, 11:15 AM
"Adam D. Barratt"

Michal Čihař wrote, Monday, April 07, 2008 11:16 AM

I currently have following, but it does not seem to work and
the #md5= is not removed.

opts="downloadurlmangle=s/#.*//"
http://pypi.python.org/simple/python-mpd/

http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/p/python-mpd/python-mpd-(.*).tar.gz#.*

downloadurlmangle affects the URL that uscan downloads, not the filename
that the result is saved under; for the latter you want filenamemangle:

opts="filenamemangle=s/^.*(python-mpd-.*?.tar.gz)#.*$/$1/"
http://pypi.python.org/simple/python-mpd/
http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/p/python-mpd/python-mpd-(.*?).tar.gz#.*

There may be a better solution, but the above does work.

Regards,

Adam

Old 04-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Michal Čihař

Hi

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 12:15:23 +0100
"Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:

> downloadurlmangle affects the URL that uscan downloads, not the filename
> that the result is saved under; for the latter you want filenamemangle:
>
> opts="filenamemangle=s/^.*(python-mpd-.*?.tar.gz)#.*$/$1/"
> http://pypi.python.org/simple/python-mpd/
> http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/p/python-mpd/python-mpd-(.*?).tar.gz#.*

Thanks, I just thought that downloadurlmangle will affect both download
url and resulting filename.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:32 PM
"Sandro Tosi"

Hi,

> > opts="filenamemangle=s/^.*(python-mpd-.*?.tar.gz)#.*$/$1/"
> > http://pypi.python.org/simple/python-mpd/
> > http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/p/python-mpd/python-mpd-(.*?).tar.gz#.*
>
> Thanks, I just thought that downloadurlmangle will affect both download
> url and resulting filename.

There is a much simpler way:

http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/p/python-mpd/python-mpd-(.*).tar.gz

I've committed that url in the repository.

Cheers,
Sandro

Old 04-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Michal Čihař

Dne Mon, 7 Apr 2008 18:32:36 +0200
"Sandro Tosi" <matrixhasu@gmail.com> napsal(a):

> There is a much simpler way:
>
> http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/p/python-mpd/python-mpd-(.*).tar.gz
>
> I've committed that url in the repository.

Thanks, I thought this won't work, so I even did no try it ;-).