Old 03-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Jérémy Lal

Default a good "license your software" how-to for upstream developers ?

Hi,
i find it difficult and time-consuming to explain, with limited vocabulary
(english is not my mother tongue), to an upstream developer that his tarball
is not properly licensed.
For example i've seen software that was intended to be free, released without
any license, or with missing license on some files, bundled dependencies, or
pictures, or even worse with a modified adhoc license.
I find it very very hard to find the right words to explain whatever is wrong
with those, and so, i wonder if there is some clear and concise documentation
about how to properly license a free software, targeted at upstream developers.

Regards,
Jérémy Lal

Old 03-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Simon Paillard