Old 03-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Neil Williams

Default Organizing a BSP in Shanghai: any advice?

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 17:36:01 +0800
Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:

> Does anyone have advice for this? Any resource (URL, etc.) would be
> welcome. Few questions that pops to my mind:
> - how long in advance should I plan it?

Not tomorrow and not next year, the rest is down to how long it takes
to organise the venue and whether you are expecting people to travel to
the venue.

Is accommodation required? Flexible crash space is much more
appropriate than purchased accommodation as people do just turn up in
the hope of having somewhere to sleep.

> - how/where should I make the announcement?

IRC, planet, mailing lists - critical element is a wiki page which
people can edit to add themselves.

http://wiki.debian.org/BSP/BeginnersHOWTO

http://people.debian.org/~vorlon/rc-bugsquashing.html

http://wiki.debian.org/BSP

http://wiki.debian.org/BSP/2012/03/gb/Cambridge

Most importantly, don't think about organising the BSP, just organise
the venue, create the wiki page and publicise it.

--

Neil Williams